Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Substitute for zero 125 grain bullets?

practical_man

I'm looking for input on a substitute for zero 125 grain bullets; preferably a bullet that is actually available for purchase. Is there anything more affordable than Hornady XTP that will hold 3" groups at 50 yards? The revolver is a 627 with compensator. The revolver is more than capable of holding the x-ring with zero bullets at 130PF.

Thanks for you input.

ive started to use Montana gold 124gr. you can get them anytime pretty much when you need them. I use the MG only in my open revo as it is magna ported and become a real hassle to clean lead out of the ports. All my other revo's use 170 gr Billy Bullet with either VV310 or solo 1000.

Edited by JohnRodriguez

You might try Bayou bullets. He has a 124 gr RN bullet that might work well but with your compensator I would also try his 115 gr RN. The 115 gr bullet with more of a slower powder would work your comp more. I tried some in my Bianchi revolver with a comp and was pleasantly surprised with how clean and accurately they shot for practice. At $70. a thousand the price is good to.

Black Bullets International is also using a coating that is clean in comps.

With Precision Delta you might get lucky on accuracy.

I think I have some coated bullets at home, if you're stateside and want to try some let me know and I'll check.

Edited by DWFAN