Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo Limited Division options

If you want a EAA/Tanfo gun that can easily play double duty as a Production or Limited gun look at the Limited Pro in .40 caliber. Not that getting a Stock III in .40 caliber wouldn't be a viable double use blaster as well. The challenge with the Stock III is that there are VERY FEW production style holster options out there. The full length rail style dust cover on the Stock III makes it NOT fist most of the popular EAA/Tanfo kydex holsters out there. From a $$$ perspective you can also find Limited Pro's for a lot cheaper here in the US verses a Stock III and you also know that all of the Limited Pro's in the US are based on the Large Frame design.

If I wanted to setup a Production/Limited use blaster I would base it on the Limited Pro in .40 caliber.

I also want to point out that .40 minor in these heavy steel guns feels super soft while shooting. If you grip the gun with a decent grip, the gun literally does not muzzle flip. If I shot Production I would be shooting .40 minor.

I just googled this "hit factor" you referred to... I feel so enlightened now!

If you shoot ONE C, there is a difference in minor and major.

All i'm saying is that shooting minor isn't the big of a deal that people make it out to be. If people actually thought about it (which nobody does) they would understand.

A friend of mine made a good point recently when he said "if you shot 95+% of the available points (which I generally do), how much would minor scoring hurt you?"

That really made me think... Shooting Open I haven't been able to get the gun to shoot very flat without being really close to major anyway, so I don't think there's any advantage there, but I do have a 9mm TS I'm thinking of pulling out for Limited minor sometime as an experiment... that is, if I can ever put down my Open guns :devil: .

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently shot a couple matches in Limited Minor. Did it as a means to "trick" myself into being more careful with easy Alphas and also to conserve a dwindling supply of .40 powder. It's amazing how it focuses the mind knowing that each Charlie costs two points and a Delta is basically a no penalty Mike! Anyway, while I have absolutely no doubt that Major is the only way to go, I did pretty well shooting Minor. Actually won a match where there was a lot of steel, something a minor PF load helps a bit with!