Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Production & IDPA Legal Mag Pouches

ES13Raven

I only use custom mag pouches from MasterTac and Ready Tactical. If you are going to buy factory produced mag pouches, make sure they have tension adjustments and has the minimum face of a magazine covered. I'm sure BladeTech, CompTac, Safariland, etc... make excellent mag pouches, I just haven't ever used any.

As some one who started with cheap Velcro pouches and progressed through most of the kydex pouches I ended up with CR speed pouches. Saying that I only ended up with them because I was able to get them on a deal. That being said. Most of the big name companies make a fine product, and more often than not, will not hold you back in this game.

I ended up with CR speed pouches.

I thought CR Speeds were not legal for IDPA?

As long as it passes the dowel test for you and you don't have the giant tension knob on the outer face of the carrier it "shouldn't" be illegal. That being said, it is all up to your match officials though. If I ever had a problem I would not hesitate to go back to my bladetechs.

• 8 months later...

I ended up with CR speed pouches.

I thought CR Speeds were not legal for IDPA?

As long as it passes the dowel test for you and you don't have the giant tension knob on the outer face of the carrier it "shouldn't" be illegal.

Can anyone confirm that the CR Speed Versa Mag Pouch is legal for IDPA if the adjustment knob is removed or reversed?