Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gainesville Practical Shooters- New Club

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to formally announce the beginning of Gainesville Practical Shooters Club!

We will hold our matches at Gainesville Target Range in Gainesville Florida, home of the Gators! Our USPSA matches will be held on the 1st Sunday of every month until otherwise stated. We'll have a website up shortly but for now check out:

www.gainesvilletargetrange.com/uspsa

Our first match is this upcoming Sunday, June 1st!

5 stages

$15

Registration at 9a

Safety brief at 9:45a

Shooting at 10a

Come out and have some fun with the University of Florida Pistol Team as we host our first uspsa match!

Thank you all for your support!

Congrats on getting the club going, also a bulldog fan, but I'll say good luck regardless. To bad yalls match will be the same weekend as Tallahassee. I'm sure I will make it to some of them when I can.

Thanks all!
Ron what is going on in Tallahassee? I only saw 1st Saturday at Talon.

Make sure to say hey Tater, I'll be in a UF Jersey with the name Doss on the back.

Haha, hope to see you there Grumpy even if just for support. I personally appreciate it and the advice you've given, thanks.

Thanks all!

Ron what is going on in Tallahassee? I only saw 1st Saturday at Talon.

Make sure to say hey Tater, I'll be in a UF Jersey with the name Doss on the back.

Haha, hope to see you there Grumpy even if just for support. I personally appreciate it and the advice you've given, thanks.

Talons monthly match is the first Saturday of the month, yalls is the first Sunday of the month. Be hard for me to do both in one weekend since its a 60 mile drive to train and a 130 mile drive to Gainesville from here in south Georgia. Plus I work every other weekend, so only get to go to shoot 6 times a year without driving 3+ hours one way. I'll still go to Gainesville when the match falls on the 1st of the month and I'm of that weekend though. I take it 4 set stages and one classifier?

Ahh okay. Yeah we're the same way with a few matches that are further down south. Its a long trip.
Yes, this month will be 4 stages + 1 classifier = 5 total.

Next month though we're looking to host an all classifier so if you need classifier scores be sure to make it out, they don't happen very often.

What is up with all these bulldawg fans?! Georgia can't be better then Florida, I mean come on, we have a pistol team :roflol:
I will definitely announce it here on the forums if we are able to host a classifier match so keep an eye out

What is up with all these bulldawg fans?! Georgia can't be better then Florida, I mean come on, we have a pistol team :roflol:

I will definitely announce it here on the forums if we are able to host a classifier match so keep an eye out

Their just like Florida State fans.... They win a few games, then all start crawling out from under there rocks lol

Thanks guys. I had a lot of fun personally and I hope you guys did too. The rain was a challenge but hey, great experience for me today to learn from and prepare for from the DQ to the showers. Hopefully the rain didn't trip y'all up too bad, it got me on the 3rd stage, a small cut on my arm as I slid but hey, I maintained safe control of the firearm which is paramount.

Looking forward to next month and please if you have time come help se tup next month! Hopefully to be an all classifier so lots of measuring!

Ah awesome you found them. I was trying to get them uploaded to practiscore and couldn't quite figure it out. Finally after I worked it out and I was waiting for them to show up on the practiscore website I fell asleep, today was a long day!

Thanks Grumpy!! :cheers:

It was indeed a terrific match. The highlight was standing around with the more "mature" shooters and watching the youngsters slide around on their backsides in the mud. Don't you guys know that speed kills?

It was indeed a terrific match. The highlight was standing around with the more "mature" shooters and watching the youngsters slide around on their backsides in the mud. Don't you guys know that speed kills?

Yeah, that was pretty funny....USPSA and mud wrestling all at the same match...

• 2 weeks later...

It's a done deal! We will be having an all Classifier match Sunday July 6th at Gainesville Target Range. Cost will be $30 and we are looking to have 5 stages. It will be a mix of longer field stages and shorter classifiers. Hope to see you all out there!