Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Racer pouches, how do they compare to the old DAA plastic pouches?

cas

Meaning… do they wobble all over, never staying put, constantly coming loose, screws always backing out? (%#&@*&! curse they day I bought those things :angry2: )

I looked at some Racers today and they seemed really nice, but I'm leery given my experience with the plastic DDA's in the past. I don't want more of that.

Holding them in my hand is one thing, using them is another.

Never had that problem with my racemasters you just have to tighten them very well just until you think i cant be any tighter and then a bit more .

Mine are rock solid on my belt for about two years now .

A friend of mine has racer pouches same story .

Edited by Tino2212

Never had that problem with my racemasters you just have to tighten them very well just until you think i cant be any tighter and then a bit more .

Mine are rock solid on my belt for about two years now .

A friend of mine has racer pouches same story .

Same here... just tighten them up solid and it should stay solid. That's the same with both my Racemasters and Racers.

I have the plastic racer puches and they do stay put I tourqued them hard.

A down side to the racer pouches are that there are too many "loose" parts. In my opinion they are over engineered (that's coming from an engineer). When I set my tension to what I like (that's almost the loosest setting) I every now and then have parts (leafspring and block) flying all over the place when I go for a fast and aggressive mag change.

I used blue loctite on my Racers after I had them all adjusted where I wanted them.

I just last week had to re-tighten one of them, but all four have been great for a little over two years now.

my experience is somewhat in the middle of both extremes here. when new I tightened mine up tight. after a little use (maybe 2 days of use) some needed to be re-tightened so I nipped them all up. since then they have been fine except for my front pouch (most used pouch) which got just a little loose in one screw. since then it hasn't happened again. only about 6 months use so far but used every week.