Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Home made sight pusher for Glock

The three photos show my homemade sight pusher for my Glocks.

The whole project cost about $28. I had 2" square aluminum piece with a 1/4" wall thickness. I cut it to 2" long. I put in a square hole on the bottom and a half inch hole on each side. I ordered the bottom portion that holds the slide to the aluminum piece from MGW. Cost about $16. I then took a piece of 1"x1" delrin, drilled a 1/2" hole through it. In the top, I milled out slot so the a half inch nut would drop in. I then milled out a section that would allow more room for moving the sight.

After putting everything together, I put my slide on and found it very secure. I moved the sight pusher in place, put a ratchet on the bolt head and started working it. This could not have worked any better than if I had paid $100+ dollars for one. I put the new sight on and reversed the action and moved it right in place.

The nut inside the pieces of delrin really worked out well. I was afraid if I just tapped the delrin it would easily strip out. The nut prevents this.

If I had to do it again, I would use a 2"x3" piece instead of the 2"x2". The 2x2 was something I already had from another project.

Not sure why the image rotated, but you get the idea.

post-53786-0-88731100-1400463114_thumb.j

post-53786-0-67639100-1400463128_thumb.j

post-53786-0-77960400-1400463150_thumb.j

Hammer and a delrin bushing as a punch work great too for those that don't have these skills

I use this drift with replaceable tips from Brownells.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/general-gunsmith-tools/punches/nylon-brass-drift-punch-prod512.aspx

Punchweb_zps4246feba.jpg

I use a brass tip filed flat to give more surface area contact on the base of the sights. You can get aluminum or nylon tips too.

I wouldn't drift night sights with this. To avoid possibly breaking the vials on night sights I would use something like jimreed1948 built. Good job, jimreed1948.

Dave

Would that also work for other pistols such as an M&P?

I'm not really sure. I have never tried it. It really worked well on the two glock is used it on.

Make me one and I'll tell you how well it works for M&P's :).