Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CC XDm 5.25" or S&W M&P Pro

Rolex

For you in production- The CC is listing for between- $1,225.00 to 1,325.00- the latter has more work done to it!!

Is the extra length of the barrel/slide a problem with swing or weight?

OR the S&W M&P Pro- decked out from one of the other smith's. Prices are some what close-

Both are in 9MM-

Thanks

Edited by Rolex

CC 5.25 would be my choice, closest your going to get to a 1911 without it being a 19/2011 IMO.

Course I personally did not like the way M&Ps felt to me, hence why I sold the one I had to buy a 5.25 XDm that I now use in Limited/3-gun.

The length of the XDM is great; and you'd definitely appreciate it more if it's coming from CC--the trigger is excellent!

M&P pro can also be an equivalent, especially if it will have a trigger-job done by Dan Burwell or a good gunsmith. Good luck!

Xd feels more top heavy than the pro.

Sight radius is more or less the same on both.

Xd has adjustable sights.

Xd mag release is ambi without changing anything but sometimes mine binds up cause of the way I am holding the pistol.

You can't go wrong with either.

Try both if you can, then decide

• 2 weeks later...

XDM 5.25 would be my vote.. I shoot a 9mm for steel and multigun and run a cc custom .40 for limited major uspsa. Love them both they feel great and fun flawlessly. I have close to 6000 rounds thru the 9mm with no issues.