Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

iPhone Limitation as Shot Timer?

Smitty79

I had a pretty good range session today. Almost all of my splits were sub .35 sec and l had many below .3. I use the Surefire app on my iPhone as a timer and when I shot a particularly good string, I as surprised that my phone missed some shots. It seems that less than about .28 seconds, my phone wasn't catching the second shot. Is it just me, or is that the limit?

Do I need a real shot timer?

Get yourself a real timer. I use the same app for dry fire practice. I have tried it at the range but it never picks up the right number of shots. Usually will not pick up anything faster then .3 for me

I have the "Free Shot Timer" iPhone app...

at BEST it can count splits down to .20, often I think it drops splits even up to .25

A few days ago I was getting really pissed trying to figure out my times for doubles, four aces, bill drills, etc. and it just wasn't counting all the shots or even coming close.

My last bill drill of the day, the timer picked up ONE shot... what a pain in the ass,

anyway, long story short, my Pocket Pro is arriving today :) - any minute now in fact.

• 4 weeks later...

So much time wasted with messing around with phone app timers. It takes away from what you are supposed to be concentrating on.

Having a timer with a belt clip is fast and convenient for dry and live fire. I didn't want to spend the money at first but its worth it.