Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

push test

Doctor

Recently I received excellent advise on how to perform a push test

my computer was hacked with a virus and I lost my ability to find that information

can someone please tell me(again) how to perform this test?

Thank you

You mean checking for bullet set back? If so my advise( :) ) is to measure a loaded round and push it hard against your bench and then remeasure.

Photos? Push the bullet end of the round against a solid object and see if the round shrinks. If it does then you have a problem with the loading process

Edited by Sarge

What is the problem when you have a very rare test subject that does have "set back"? Worn out brass?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Track it and see which brand of brass it is. I could not get FC brass to hold MG bullets at all with Dillon dies so I got a Udie and now nothing budges at all. :cheers:

So, in summation, small bullets, thin case walls, cracked brass, bad dies, can all contribute to set back.

Track it and see which brand of brass it is. I could not get FC brass to hold MG bullets at all with Dillon dies so I got a Udie and now nothing budges at all. :cheers:

I've had the same experience. I shot mixed brass with poly coated lead with no issues for years. When I switched to MG I had setback issues with FC and some others. I switched to the U-die and life is good.