Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Waitlist?

beltjones

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked to Ken on Saturday night. The match is still not full. The main match slots are filling up, but the Pre Match is still pretty wide open. He's releasing entries in order so that people who are lower on the list will have more options in squadding. When you get approved, pay and squad ASAP to make sure you can shoot when and where you want. As the numbers get higher, the odds are greater that you'll be shooting the Pre Match (with me) as opposed to the main match.

Talked to Ken on Saturday night. The match is still not full. The main match slots are filling up, but the Pre Match is still pretty wide open. He's releasing entries in order so that people who are lower on the list will have more options in squadding. When you get approved, pay and squad ASAP to make sure you can shoot when and where you want. As the numbers get higher, the odds are greater that you'll be shooting the Pre Match (with me) as opposed to the main match.

Chuck, I'd like to shoot the pre-match, but am not clear whether it's two days or three.

The squadding stated M-T-W, but the website says "We added an extra day to this match due to demand. You can still shoot it in two days. "

Do you know if the prematch will be a two day schedule?

Thanks,

Lester

The pre match is three days. Phil told me they will have a limited number of shoot through passes for those (like me) who booked their flight needing to be out in two. If you can do three perfect. If you have to be out in two you'll have to get approval to shoot a few extra stages per day.

I have never seen a squadding this ridiculous! I would love to know who thought this was a great idea. So you travel with 8 or 10 people you usually shoot with, fly across the country and can't shoot with those people. Super plan! Some of which have earned slots and some on the waiting list. So by the time you get into the 500 range only the first 3 days are available. Now traveling together is out and sharing a car is out. If anyone thinks this system is even acceptable please explain.

So, people who didn't earn a slot or didn't sign into the system soon enough should bump people who did from their slot choice for your convenience? Just making sure I understand your outrage.

The simple solution if traveling with your friends is the most important thing is you all shoot the pre-match. There's plenty of space left, you can all even be on the same squad. But I'm guessing that isn't a workable solution for you.

The pre match is three days. Phil told me they will have a limited number of shoot through passes for those (like me) who booked their flight needing to be out in two. If you can do three perfect. If you have to be out in two you'll have to get approval to shoot a few extra stages per day.

Chuck, thanks. i got in touch with Troy and worked it out. I wish i could take the time off to enjoy the weekend with friends but it's just not possible this time.

Appreciate your help.

Lester

would have been nice if it was common knowledge when the waitlist would open. I happened to go on the uspsa web site Tuesday morning to see if it was posted when it would open to see that it opened Monday night. of the six people I was planning to shoot with 2 have had to back out because they had to put in for vacation earlier in the year (foolish them they picked the dates that were published) . The rest of us are separated on different squads. Not sure who's idea it was to dribble out slots slowly over a week so a lot of people will not get to shoot with who they are rooming with and sharing a car with but I hope they aren't getting paid for the idea. Judging by the aprox 130 or more empty slots in the pre match I don't think its working.

Yes, it would have been nice to know when the waitlist was scheduled to open. Only chatter was on this forum with no official announcement until it opened. Some knew, a lot didn't.

Since I signed up "late" (Tuesday) I almost didn't make it in this match. But once my number was called, I was able to pay and squad almost instantly and was able to shoot in the regular match too. I would have liked to shoot with certain friends but they were already squadded on a squad with no openings, because I had to get on the waitlist to get a slot. No problem, I understand they earned a slot and was able to squad early, as it should be.

As for next year, I'll just have to shoot better to get an "earned" slot and not have to deal with this waitlist business.

I have not coordinated any large match so I can't say how to do it. Except for letting us know in advance when the waitlist will officially open.

I gotta go back and look at the Front Sight mag and I thought I remember in Kim's section she was talking about the clubs/sections deciding to have their fees go towards slots or store credit.

FYI don't think there are any earned slots next year except for top 16 at nationals(I believe this the new policy). no slots will be distributed to clubs .All will be wait list.

In the March/April edition of Front Sight, Kim said the clubs/sections will have the option on how to apply their activity credits, slots or merchandise...this is for the 2015 season....unless it changed...