Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My first AR

BigDave

Interesting position for the front sight. Gives it that "go fast" look. Sweet.

Is that a see through mount on the Aimpoint (i.e. so you can use the irons)?

Rich

Looks like the LaRue Tactical mount, which lets you co-witness standard irons through the scope... not sure if the DPMS ones are standard height, but it looks like they co-witness in the bottom 1/3rd of the glass.

[slight Thread drift on]

Cullen,

That's what I figured. I like having the dot line up with the back up sights. Maybe it's just me being anal, but I shot an old friend's rifle where the dot on an OKO was in line with a flip up rear peep. It was sweet for shooting LONG range. It refocused the dot down and you were popping steel at 200+ pretty easy.

I'm hoping to be able to co-witness an EOTech, and I think GG&G has the hot setup for that.

Rich

[Thread drift off]

The irons appear in the bottom 1/3 of the scope. The LaRue is not a see-though mount.

Ok, I'm going to admit something that will likely get me booted from the Man Club. I didn't realize that my front sight was installed backwards. :wacko: But, just to be different, I'm gonna leave it that way. :P

Now that I've got this thing all sexed out, I'll let you know how it does in a match. Rhino and I took it for its maiden voyage last week and it's a shooter for sure. It is a heavy rifle, but I'm a big guy so I don't give a crap.

[slight Thread drift on]

Cullen,

That's what I figured. I like having the dot line up with the back up sights. Maybe it's just me being anal, but I shot an old friend's rifle where the dot on an OKO was in line with a flip up rear peep. It was sweet for shooting LONG range. It refocused the dot down and you were popping steel at 200+ pretty easy.

I'm hoping to be able to co-witness an EOTech, and I think GG&G has the hot setup for that.

Rich

[Thread drift off]

Sorry to keep drifting your thread, Dave.

Here's THE hot EOTech setup, Rich:

eotech.gif

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.c...mage=eotech.gif

How's that for co-witnessed? ;)

I just got the Bushmaster 16in Modular Carbine w/ a flash hider (not pictured)pcwvml16f.jpg

I got the Eotech sight for it and it shoots 8" plates at 200 yards easily. I was shooting 14"x18" in plates at 350 yards, so I think it should do the job for three gun. The Iron sight co-witness great, although they are not as nice as the G&G. The gun shoots real nice :)