Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

H2 Buffer for A2 length stock

spara

I switched out my MOE carbine stock for an ACE ARFX A2 skeleton stock and used the buffer that came with it. I had a Spikes T2 (H2) buffer in the carbine stock and felt recoil was minimal. The recoil with the ARFX stock was more noticeable and I was taking more time with followup shots.

Is there such a thing as a H2 buffer for an A2 length stock? Can I use my Spikes H2 buffer in this stock? What else can I do to soften recoil (I already have a Miculek compensator at 1:00)?

Never mind, apparently there is only one rifle buffer at 3.5 ozs (except for the JP stuff). I shot a match with this lower and an upper with a 20" bull barrel and felt recoil was negligible but it was really heavy.

Spikes Tactical makes a billet spacer to allow you to use a carbine buffer and spring with a rifle length buffer tube. That will let you try your H2 buffer to see if it cycles smoother.

• 4 weeks later...

not to imply anything but do you know if the spring your using is a rifle or carbine length?

if so i would like others here suggest reducing the gas not increasing the resistance of the recoil system if your trying to lighten perceived recoil

the use of a heavier buffer is great for slowing down the operating cycle and bleeding off some of the bolt velocity of a tactical gun

but if your intent is a competition rifle you would be better suited to reduce the gas force and decrease the mass of your reciprocating parts to create a lighter recoiling and less disturbing rifle.

not to imply anything but do you know if the spring your using is a rifle or carbine length?

if so i would like others here suggest reducing the gas not increasing the resistance of the recoil system if your trying to lighten perceived recoil

the use of a heavier buffer is great for slowing down the operating cycle and bleeding off some of the bolt velocity of a tactical gun

but if your intent is a competition rifle you would be better suited to reduce the gas force and decrease the mass of your reciprocating parts to create a lighter recoiling and less disturbing rifle.

I would ask the same question. Did you also buy a rifle length spring? All else being equal, the recoil impulse should be similar between the two setups you describe.

Also, Spikes buffers (assuming you are tlaking about their T2) are not true H2 buffers. They are inbetween H1 and H2 in wieght. They also use tungsten powder instead of weights and spacers. They don't work as well in my experience. They do it to save money despite their claims of improved performance.