Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is this all there is to life ?

caspian38

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife posed the question "is this all there is to life" after she got home from work.

Is work,eat, hobbies, love, and sleep... Life ?

Reminds me of the man who became obsessed with finding the meaning of life. He abandoned his work and family and spent his whole life searching for the meaning of life. Finally, at the age of 92, he learned that there was a monk who knew the meaning of life but he would have to climb a mountain to find him. So he dragged his old body up the mountain and finally came upon the monk and asked him:

"What is the meaning of life?"

The monk answered slowly and deliberately:

"Life is like a fountain."

The man waited and waited and finally exploded:

"You mean I wasted my whole life for this and all you can say is that life is like a fountain?"

The mnk looked concerned and said:

"You mean...... life isn't like a fountain?"

My wife posed the question "is this all there is to life" after she got home from work.

Is work,eat, hobbies, love, and sleep... Life ? Can I help her find a better balance, or show her that none of it matters. Would she be happy lying on a beach, or would she ask me yet again "is this all there is to life".

Brian Enos asked "what is the most important thing" on another topic. It may be the same question ,or at least what is important.

Would selling everything, and traveling the world make her happy...can I give her happiness?

Should you be content with what you have? If I'm content can I want more ?

Don't feel you have to stay on topic... I'm not even sure what the topic really is!

Is this all there is to life ?

On one of my favorite shows which was "Mad About You", jaime who played the wife got angry and started ranting and said:

"So this is what marriage is? You put up with my crap and I put up with your crap?

Paul the husband thought for a moment and said:

"This is what I was thinking...."

Edited by bountyhunter

• 1 month later...

Every person has to decide what makes them happy. I'm old and I do know some things are absolutely true:

1) Nobody can make you happy. If you ain't happy, look in the mirror.

2) Stay away from people who expect you to make them happy. You are signing up for a life of misery.

3) Nobody knows the meaning of life. Stay away from fools who claim to.

4) Wake up each day and try to do something fun before the end of the day so it won't feel like a wasted day.

Always remember:

Guess which one was NEVER said on someone's deathbed:

1) I wish I had petted my dog when he was still alive.

2) I should have been nicer to my family when they were still alive.

3) If only I had come in to work on Saturdays and Sundays we could have gotten it released a week earlier.

This, this, a million times this!

I found this out the hard way with my ex-girlfriend. No matter how hard I tried, nothing would make her happy. It finally dawned on me that the problem wasn't me.

Is there something missing in your life? read this - http://www.fellowshiptractleague.org/tract_html/english/139_b/page_flip/139.html

If you are interested, PM me your address and I will mail you some more information. :) I will say this from personal experience, unless a person has accepted Christ as their personal Saviour, there will always be something missing that you can't quite put your finger on. What helped me get a perspective was realizing that if I base my life and happiness on material things or people, if they are taken away, what is left? Jesus has said that he will never leave us nor forsake us, life on earth is short compared to eternity. The Bible says in 1st John that we can know for sure that we are going to Heaven when we die. All the religions that tell us all we need is to feel good about ourselves etc., won't help us in eternity if we have not turned from our sin to God and go to hell. Life is life even for Christians but at least in the end we have the assurance God is with us no matter what. Just my perspective on life. Thanks. Danny