Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to get SS N frame hammers?

Bill H

I need 2 or 3 .400 hammers and maybe a .500 target hammer for stainless N frames. I can't find any in my searches. Any ideas? I want the silver hammers. I don't know if they are stainless or matte chromed. They have the firing pin on the hammer.

Thanks

Yes I have tried all the usual places. I think Apex only makes them for new style, plus they are light wieght. I want to go back stock on a couple oldies.

The old forged parts have been discontinued.(firing pin on the hammer) They are getting difficult to find.

Good luck

+1 The silver ones are flash chromed but they are the older ones made from forged stock (not MIM) and they have not made them in a while. I read that the PC has a stash of them for it's guns but I don't know if they sell them.

The earliest N Frame Stainless guns were shipped with stainless hammers which can be identified by the S that was stamped on them, as stainless is less durable than the hardened steel used in other guns, the factory quickly discontinued them and began using flash chromed steel. As mentioned above the best source is either ebay or Numrich gun parts. If you want an original Stainless trigger send me a PM, I may have one left in my spare parts box.