Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Trigger spring kit

robg2008

I installed the JP trigger spring kit in my AR and i am getting light primer strikes with american eagle 55gr 223. Anyone have any tips to fix this issue?

I have not ever had problems with JP yellow springs in a 223, but have had ignition issues using them in a 308. Check the firing pin to be sure that it is clean, straight and free moving in the bolt. If you are using the yellow hammer spring, replace it with the red one and it should be good.

Hurley

^^^^^^^^^^^^

On my Rock River National Match Two Stage Trigger, the hammer broke after about two months (approx 500 rounds fired). When I called Rock River, they would not send me a new hammer and stated that they whole kit was hand fittted. So.......I then asked for a new kit and was told no. They told me that I could send the lower receiver to them on my dime and also on my dime they would install and new kit that I had to buy from them and then they would install the kit on my dime. When finsihed, they would send it back to me on my dime. That translate to alot of my dimes for a product that was defective within two months.

I TOLD THEM TO POUND SAND. That is how I ended with a JP trigger that has performed flawlessly and was installed by JP.

I've got a lower that I'm running a RRA two stage with the yellow springs. It put the trigger down between 3.5 to 3.75 with the official NRA trigger weights. Feels great, The pretravel/take up is super light with a crisp break and positive reset. The other RRA two stage trigger breaks just over 4.25 with the regular springs. I've yet to have any light primer strikes and have put several hundred rounds through the gun. I mainly run factory Speer 64 gr. gold dots and never had a problem, only other ammo I've shot through it is HSM 77 gr. otm and they have fired consistently.

JG

Thanks for your input; I'm now to the point of trying cheap triggers with simple mods. Hence adding ( JP springs kit) to a RRA 2 stage match trigger, and was trying to put this Idea to rest with either positive, or negative results from first hand experience.

To the OP put a red trigger spring in it JP has on their sight that this spring is for more reliable ignition of military and cheaper ammo. I just put the yellow spring kit in a RRA and it gave me problems since the trigger was so new it was having trouble resetting. I will try it again after the trigger has broken in. The biggest problem with the RRA trigger and JP springs is that the biggest benefit is the disconnector spring which is a pain to replace in a RRA trigger.