Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 gen 4 lone wolf conversion barrel issues

robg2008

I bought a lone wolf conversion (9mm) for my gen 4 glock 35. As per the instructions on midwayusa.com i ordered a factory gen 4 glock 34 recoil spring to use with the barrel. I am also using factory glock 9mm magazines. I am using federal 115gr FMJ. The gun will not function properly with this set up. I have many failures to eject and feed. Anyone running a conversion barrel set up in a gen 4 glock? I am thinking about getting a stainless steel guide rod with an 11lb recoil spring with a adapter to fit a gen 4. Do you think this would fix my problem? I got the barrel to shoot cheaper and lighter 9mm in 3 gun because there is no benefit to shooting 40 in it. I really want to get it working 100% with 115gr FMJ. Ideas?

Stop buying junk barrels, buy a KKM!

Sorry i am cheap. Lone wolf barrel cost my 89.99

Run a lighter spring with that ammo

Is 11 or 13 light enough?

I prefer to get a 13 so i could use it with the 40 cal barrel too.

I run a LW conversion in my Gen 4 35 with a 13# spring on a stainless guide rid and it runs perfectly. I use Hornady 125grn Steel Match and also hand loaded 125s and 115s. I run a 15# spring in .40.

11lbs in my experience wont even get the gun into battery properly. I would not go lighter then 13lbs. I use a 15lb in my G34. Try the lighter spring. Chamber Check the ammo you test to be sure it passes the plunk test so you can rule out the ammo issue and just focus on the spring testing.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also using a Lone Wolf conversion barrel in my G35 to shoot more affordable 9mm reloads. I've had no problems using the stock G35 recoil spring and ejector using 115gr FMJ over 4.3 gr titegroup.

I just recently bought a lonewolf 40-9 conversion barrel for my g35 gen 4. I run it with the stainless guide rode adapter and a 13# stainless steel recoil spring. Has ran 200+ federal 115 gr and 400+ of my reloads without a problem. I did shoot a box of 25 hollow points through the new barrel but whether that made a difference I don't know.