Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LPA sights

chuck s

I bought an LPA sight from dawson,for my limited pro that has the FO inserts. The dove tail,is significantly larger than the LPA non FO sight that came on the gun, .347 vs .379 wide. I have put on several dawson produced sights in the past and most need to be fitted, but none needed this much alteration. Do you think this is common?

I think they list the same LPA for CZ/Tanfo but the CZ dove tail is ~.3mm larger. I have a few EAA super sights to sell if you could use one. I'd also trade one for what you have there.

I'm getting a Stock I this week to go with my Stock II, the adjustable rear sights and Dawson front sight on my stock II are great sights. Are those the sights you'd talking about atlas?

Sent from my flux capacitor

those are the kind of sight that were on my limited pro and stock2. i want to try the version with fiber optics that dawson sells. i suppose i can file to fit, but the margin of error is significant with the dovetail being so large compared to the original lpa sights

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a Stock I and are using a Dawson FO Front sight? I see a few different ones on Dawson's website and was curious what size/height would be optimal for my Stock I? Thanks in advance

Gump

I had this issue putting LPA Dawson FO rear sights on my CZ TS.

I ended up removing material from the rear side of the triangle that slides into the slide notch (how that makes sense).

Once uI had it fit it left me with a slight gap between the sight and the gun in you are looking at it from the side.

The moral of the story is I should have removed material from the bottom of the sight first since the "triangle" was slightly to tall for my gun causing the base to be wider than it should have been.

I ordered the same sight for my CZ SP01 Shadow Target Custom but that one drifted right in with no problems.

Well, I decided to try and fit the sight and found out that if you have the right tool all goes well. I borrowed a small triangle 60 degree file with only one cutting side and went to work. It came out fine, after around 40 minutes of careful filing, and fit perfectly. Those small files are pricey though, around 50 bucks at brownells.

Does anyone have a Stock I and are using a Dawson FO Front sight? I see a few different ones on Dawson's website and was curious what size/height would be optimal for my Stock I? Thanks in advance

Gump

The .140" is optimal with Henning's fixed rear or the adjustable rear. I would order Henning's front/rear/ combo:

http://www.henningshootsguns.com/shop/sights.html