Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Handgun Nats schedule

kevin c

The slot form I just got says the 21st to the 27th (Saturday). USPSA's site says the 21st to the 28th (Sunday) with a four half day format for 28 stages for the regular match on the 25th to the 28th (prematch for staff and "priority" shooters on the 22nd and the 23rd).

Just so I know how much time to take off (driving down and back from NorCal, want to see Zion), does anybody have more specifics, such as dates for regular match registration (I'm guessing on the 24th) and awards (evening of the last day of shooting, but will that be Saturday or Sunday)?

Oh, and on seeing Zion, how many days to do it justice?

tia

So, register the 24th (Wednesday), shoot Friday through Sunday, awards Sunday night? So the dates in the slot packet are wrong?

The impression I got last year was that the 28 stages were in a week long match for everybody, but it will actually be pretty much what competitors have seen in previous nationals. The first part of the week is just the match shoot for staff and sponsers.

• 4 weeks later...

The match is the 21st to 28th, not Wednesday to Friday. That is Sunday to Sunday. With the first Sunday being registration-IMO. Not sure about the last Sunday. I thought they were going to cut people loose on Saturday.

Pretty clear on the website. The regular match is 4 days (Thursday through Sunday)

2014 STI USPSA Handgun Nationals

Dates: September 21 – 28th

Pre-Match September 22-23 (Limited to 240 – priority Staff), Regular Match September 25-28

Host: USPSA

There are 28 stages in 24 time slots, with three schedules available:

Mon/Tue/Wed - 8 shooting periods per day 24 squads

Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun - AM/PM/AM/PM - 6 shooting periods per day, 24 squads

Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun - PM/AM/PM/AM - 6 shooting periods per day, 24 squads