Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new 3un shotgun!

bigkyle72

Just because it's inertia, doesn't mean it has benelli's track record. It is a nice gun, I've shot it personally...but they run finicky especially for those who can't help but rape things with a dremel.

I think you don't hear much about them because the jury is still out. Personally I have no desire to switch from Benelli, but if I did it's going to be after some of these new kids have been around the block a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is that if you rape the loading port with a dremel?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Most guns need a bigger bolt release, and charging handle, not this one because of the autoload

-AUTO LOAD feature!!!! This is why I bought this shotgun

th_IMG_0870.jpg

Click on pic to see vid of autoload feature

Autoload is great. It's nice to not have to change my reload based on rounds left in the gun. I usually strong-hand quad load but here is my weak-hand load using the Autoload feature for when I need just one more round. Rounds in the shell carrier are turned the opposite direction from where they would be positioned for a traditional weak-hand load.

Here is Autoload (on a Browning Gold) in action loading 4 on an empty gun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JN-KF-5JEQ#t=43

Edited by alma

Yep, the lifter is a pretty finicky beast too if you mess with it

Ya thats why im not gonna mess with it. The lifter is so close to the follower I cant get my thumb in there anyways.

t they run finicky especially for those who can't help but rape things with a dremel.

Why would opening up the loading port cause the auto load feature to be finicky?

So I finished up my loading port and "dremel raped it" as someone on here said. I used files for the most part but def used a dremel too. I too some off, wanted to take more off, did it, then wanted more so I did it. Now it loads SOOOOO easy and the auto load is still working 100% so I don't know what ambluelux was talking about but it's working fine

Stock

tusaqequ.jpg

V1

a5ezymyt.jpg

V2

7uze2a4e.jpg

Final:

u7uhudu5.jpg

That looks awesome!

What barrel length and extension size did you go with?

I have a 28" A5 shipping to my FFL and I am think an 11 round tube will be close to flush. I already have a +1 and +2 for when a couple more would be useful.

Yeah, I have to agree with Pat. It's cool, but a little aggressive for my taste. Also... a hand file goes a long ways to making those chamfers straight and uniform. I always do my rough work with a hand file and then clean up with a dremel and an aluminum oxide, rubber tip or polishing wheel. I'm sure the gun loads and shoots awesome, I just feel that if I'm gonna violate the receiver of a $1200 gun I want it to look as good as I can make it look.

That looks awesome!

What barrel length and extension size did you go with?

I have a 28" A5 shipping to my FFL and I am think an 11 round tube will be close to flush. I already have a +1 and +2 for when a couple more would be useful.

Thanks, it's a 26" barrel and it holds 10+1, the tube sticks out about 2" past the barrel so you would be about flush

Tommy Thacker has been running his like that for years with no problem as I think he has more taken on then I do.ybyzenyj.jpg

There is a picture in the Task Force Dagger thread of Thacker's shotgun in pieces. The magazine tube broke off and the barrel fell off. I guess this has happened several times to different people, I saw it happen to Ravin Perry at a local match last weekend with his Versamax. My gun is pretty agressively opened up and I did cut into the mag tube. No problems so far, but I plan on removing the tube to inspect for cracks every time I break it down for cleaning now.

Edited by amccallister

I saw that picture as well. It makes me a little nervous but either way u am picking up my new A5 tomorrow we will see how it goes. My only consolation is that a will likely be abusing mind way less since I won't be throwing it into nearly as many dump barrels as the pros do.

Here is mine. I have yet to shoot it. I went a little less aggressive removing material towards the forend as I would like to avoid having my new gun break in half if possible. I did remove a bit more material along the right side (looking at the gun upside down) as I strong hand quad reload on that side of the gun.

That is one SWEET shotgun!! I have always liked and wanted an Auto 5.

I've seen several over the years where people have turned them into Home Defense guns and added an extension to them and they look good too.

If this new A5 was available with a 20 or 21 inch barrel, I'd be in a serious dilemma. I'd have to think long and hard on whether or not to trade or sell my basically new M1 with 21 inch barrel. I'd want it for HD use and to try 3-gun at some point in the future.

Thanks for posting it.

Nalajr