Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver springs

Lentz

What are everyone's thoughts on Wolff main springs? I usually run the Bang springs but in my 627 I can only get a nice feeling trigger using Wolff springs.

I have a Wolff 13lbs rebound spring and a Wolff reduced power main spring. I used a Timney trigger gauge and my trigger is right around 6 1/4 - 6 1/2 lbs. It's hard to get a consistent reading.

I found that I needed more mainspring tension on the wolff spring then I did on the bang inc spring to achieve the same ignition in my 627s.

Though, I do have a wolff spring in my old 625-2 5" and it does have a great feel to it, different from the bang spring.

edit:

I think the bang springs have a " firmer " feel to them, while the wolff spring has a little more wider soft feel to it ( at the same trigger poundage , but - from what I recall i needed to run the trigger heavier )

Edited by alecmc

The wolf spring I have has V profile along the spring. Once you put it in the hammer tension screw has to go in further to get the same tension on the hammer. Mine is working well and do not have issues, but if your tension screw has been shortened you may have a problem. I do not feel that different company springs are all that different. As for how light I get them, I just want them to light em off and not light enough that I outrun the trigger or short stroke it.

I have shortened my main spring screw to achieve the 6 1/4- 6 1/2 lbs trigger. The screw is much longer then what I use with the bang springs at the same weight