Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shaun of the Dead

ErikW

If you enjoyed (or enjoyed laughing at) 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, or any of those kinds of zombie movies, you need to see Shaun of the Dead. It's a very black comedy/zombie genre spoof.

It started out a little too slow for me but I was hooked once Shaun and his best friend Ed stumbled out of the pub singing White Lines.

Best zombie-killing weapon? Cricket bat.

Best quote: "Player Two Has Joined the Game."

I wondered whether they were throwing Brothers in Arms, the eponymous record, or what.

I wonder if the filmmakers realized the Young Frankenstein similarity when they were singing outside the bar and the zombie was mumbling the chorus. Shades of "Putting on the Ritz."

I saw it yesterday and loved it!

I really enjoyed seeing the contrast of how Brits handle their zombie situations as opposed to us Yanks. We prefer marksmanship and headshots, whereas they go with the cricket bat!

The "dopplegang" scene was excellent. It reminded me of the Bizarro episode of "Seinfeld."

I'm going to buy a copy when I can find one on the cheap.

• 4 years later...

Great flick, found his after looking for other movies with the same writers/cast... the team that made this movie, 'Hot Fuzz' (another favorite), and 'Run, Fat Boy, Run' are like the Broken Lizard team (think Super Troopers and Beerfest) .... great stuff.

Barry