Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Nationals Largest Attended Match

Received a somewhat surprising email with some attendance numbers.

2013 Revolver Nationals: 119

2013 Multi-Gun Nationals: 217

2013 Limited Nationals: 246

2013 Production Nationals: 295

2013 Open/Lim-10 Nationals: 356 (258/98)

2013 Single Stack Nationals: 372

Not bad for a bastard child that was started by Richard Heinie and Russell Cluver to get back to the practical roots of the USPSA. The match began as the Single Stack Classic about 20 years ago and grew until some wanted to see Single Stack as a Division. The USPSA did and joined with the 1911 Society and look where we are now. The 2014 Single Stack Nationals has 400 shooters registered. We should of had theme of Back to the Future for the match.

Congratulations to all those involved over the years for a great and enjoyable match.

Gary,

I hope everyone appreciates all the work you put into making this a legitimate division in USPSA. It has always been the match is the most fun for me to work, in fact, after 20 years it is the only match I work anymore. Mainly to see friends and lie about the past. See you in a few weeks.

Like there was any question that the 1911 might have been dead.

Oh, and this match doesn't take the better part of a week to get through.

BTW the Revo guys are limited to just 1 day. So that does kinda limit the numbers for them.

That's Great!!!

The 1911 is still KING

Well, I don't know about that -- I suspect it's more that the match in question is king.....

....and a lot of folks break out 1911s simply because it's a great and or really fun match experience for them....

I knew Russell from my youth. I was always awed with his gun knowledge. i asked him once why he owned two Colt HBAR's. His answer was, "What if you want to shoot too." I have used that repsonse more times than I can count since that day.

Sorry I never made it this match when he was around. He invited and I declined. Stupid me.

One day though.

He was a good Dude.

Edited by nc12215