Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Well here we go. Dillon Super 1050 problem

Well, a friend and fellow shooter heard about the problem I was having. So he wanted to give it a look before shipping back to dillon.

Today he did. It is now running like smooth butter. The Fix

We replaced both of the springs front and rear on the primer bar activating arm. With new springs it put enough forard pressure on the arm that it worked as it had always.

My many thanks to George Toon for his helping me work through this issue. Not its time to go load.

:roflol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. Two more problems raised the nasty head.

1. Shell plate was not centering over new primer stage. So primer was being di on its edge and not dead center. Fixed That

2. The famous Dillon De-Cap station. Spent primers were being sucked back into the case and not dropping free. Fixed that.

Well, last nght run 500 9mm no problems.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to offer their help. Appreciated. :cheers:

2. The famous Dillon De-Cap station. Spent primers were being sucked back into the case and not dropping free. Fixed that.

Ive "fixed" that numerous times on both my machines and there are still some that just wont come off the de-capping pin. Ive shaped them every which way from Sunday, polished, smoothed, oiled, dry, long, short, medium, REALLY long, REALLY short, etc... and there are just some primers that wont come off. Every time you think "damn, glad thats fixed" you will jam a primer in the swage station. Ive just come to terms with it and try not to get frustrated.

I do understand how you feel. I have read so many articles telling of this trouble. Yet when calling Dioon they say it has only been a problem for just a few. They are now sending me a whole new de-cap size die. If that does not work, I wonder what brand would. Actuall there has got to be a fix for this. Any ideas??????

Just an update. Two more problems raised the nasty head.

1. Shell plate was not centering over new primer stage. So primer was being di on its edge and not dead center. Fixed That :cheers:

Ken, can you advise how you fixed that? Thanks

There is a recessed adjustment screw that you access from the back left had side of the machine. It is drilled into the large silver color housing that the shell plate sits and turns on. When you turn this screw one way its changes the timing in the shell plate. Turning the other way of course changes the direction.

Hope this helps.

:sight:

I do understand how you feel. I have read so many articles telling of this trouble. Yet when calling Dioon they say it has only been a problem for just a few. They are now sending me a whole new de-cap size die. If that does not work, I wonder what brand would. Actuall there has got to be a fix for this. Any ideas??????

I shaped the bottom of the pin at a 45. Lightly rolled/polished the edges. Works for me.

Like the other said, grinding it to a needle type point at a 45 degree or so angle seems to help. I use Lee universal de-capping dies as I have prep tool heads setup a little different than most people probably run their machines. I probably run more brass in a day than most guys do in a year so my stuff gets abused. No matter what I do, I still get occasional sticking primers. My prep 1050 is on an auto drive. I have taken to leaving the station 1(actually station 2) locator button out and I sit on a short stool and look in the small gap and I can see the primer get pulled back up into the brass. A quick flick of the brass usually knocks it loose. Once the brass makes it past the de-prime station cleanly the rest of the machine runs like butter. Thats the only issue I have with this machine and I cant really blame dillon.