Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G17L

Onepocket

I'd contact Glock, see what they can do for you.

You may have to pay for shipping to them, but I've seen guys have pretty good results getting upgrades. And, since the 17L is prettyscarce you may come out on top. I saw a thread over at Glock Talk about the 17L and people were paying pretty high prices for them when they could find them. Almost made me want to sell mine, almost.

Good luck

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

They sent me a new 17L slide today. I own and shoot only glocks because they run and are easy and cheap to work on. I was this guns 3rd owner and told glock this when I sent it in. I'm just waiting for Glock to start making cars.

That's really great news, thanks for the update. Happy shooting!

That would be one ugly car! :)

I bought my first Glock in January of 2009 after reading on line comments and repair hints. To me it seemed like the Volkswagen of pistols.

Dave

Someone, I forget who said, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." I like Glocks, but the triggers feel a little spongy to me compared to the best single-action only pistols. But they are one of the great choices for 99% of the population for a carry gun or "production class" or "stock service pistol division". My two cents.

I loved my Glock but find it amazing they they have not innovated a bit more when it comes to competition options.

First thing that comes to mind is the garbage that they continue to use for sights.

You can find stock fiber optics on plenty of guns now but not Glock.

I hope they do too. Someone at my local range told me he thought Glock had recently done a run of the 17L.

Keep us posted.

Dave

Really? I thought they had discontinued it due to the model competing with the 34? I would love own one of these, but have never seen a *brand new* one available anywhere.

I went to the NRA show and Glock did say they were doing a new run of the 17L's. They did have a display model there to fondle. Wouldn't mind picking up one.

See post #15 above, DakotaGlockGuy.

Glock also still listed it in the 2014 Glock Annual, so they haven't given up on it yet.

Dave

O....M....G....

And the 17L takes over the top of the "Next Must Have Glock" list!!!!

I'm really hoping this comes out in the Gen 4 design. You would think it would be a no-brainer, but .... the 30S???

Just got an email showing the 17L's are available from a popular distributor.

Bad News: It's a Gen 3 Frame, so I'm still on the fence about pulling the trigger on it since I have a Gen 4 34 already. I don't know if the nostalgia of owning one is worth the $595 price tag of having something that is probably not much different than what I have now.
?????

There is a huge difference between a 34 and a 17L. I would not own a gen 4.

I am sure the answers would be within reach via a search but what do you see as the issues with the Gen 4s?

I don't have any experience with them.

Can you define the difference between the 2? Really about the only thing I see is about another inch of barrel, and the corresponding increase in sight radius. Can you please elaborate for me on what other differences you are talking about?

I am sure the answers would be within reach via a search but what do you see as the issues with the Gen 4s?

I don't have any experience with them.

I have experience with the Gen 4's, and have not had any issues with them. If onepocket (my favorite pool game, BTW) is saying something about the reliability of the gen 4's being in question, than I must be in the minority as I haven't had any issues. I've only owned one Gen 3, which was my first Glock: A Gen 3 Glock 30S. Great gun, no problems with it either.

Not any running issues, it is hard to get the trigger job as good on a gen 4. The 17L handles way different than the 34. I have both set up the same way and the 17L is harder to stop in transitions. I am going to shoot limited minor with the 17L soon and see how it does. My 17L is the heaviest glock I have ever picket up. Extra long Tungsten guide rod, SJC magwell and KKM barrel. Flat shooter.