Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Revolver Masters

hopalong

Around here, revolver is the least challenging division because I am the only one in the division. After shooting a wheelgun for 30 years in other disciplines, I gave it up for good when I got into USPSA, with the exception of shooting a wheelgun exclusively for one summer. Playing with myself gets old.

its a well known fact the hilljacks cannot count higher than 6.....

That's not entirely true. The really authentic ones might have an extra toe or two. :lol: ...and you'll never see me barefoot!

Seriously though. I don't see many revos at the local level either. Usually less than four any given week. But traveling to major matches has been good for me to see what I need to work on to get competitive with the other nomads. It's fun to go against better talent even if it is frustrating at times. The same holds true for me shooting against the autos at the local level.

It is also nice to switch to a new gun for a while (I think someone wrote that in a book some place :) ) and then come back to the revo to "start over" and maybe pick up something new that I was overlooking before...

Guys, the real way to get revo participation at club matches is this:

Hold two matches a month. Designate one of those "race gun day" for L, L-10 and O. The other match is "factory gun day" for P, R, and the new provisional SS. Give modest plaques or medals or trophies out at the end-of-year banquet for all divisions.

Our club did a variation of this last year, and we had no problem getting half a dozen wheels on factory gun day. This year we switched to a "shoot whatever you want" format, and while it is nice for the shooters to have more control, our participation in P and R has really suffered.

Only other advice I have is make your kids shoot againt you in R division! :-)

I am starting to get quite a collection of left handed batters gloves laying around the gun room. If anyone is interested, just let me know.

My mind has about 10 different comments on Rons quote about how playing with himself gets old, but I ain't going there.

Tom

...okay, so NOW Revolver shooters have HAIRY PALMS?!?!...the Nuns warned me about that, altho' I do NOT think it had anything to do with "Round Guns"...seems that "Shooting" might have been mentioned, however....mikey357

Hey, Hop, don't despair. I've got my 617 to practice with, I'm working on better accuracy loads for the 25-2, and my wife has agreed with my statement that "I should shoot more in 2006." She even said "Look at the calendar, plan the matches, and put them down before something else grabs those weekends."

So you can look forward to having another wheelgunner, one who will kick your butt around.

Hop,

I'm trying... You know I am...

So, does it still have hope or do I need to turn it into an anchor? I even bought a 550 to be the dedicated press!

I WANNA PLAY!!

I don't mind playing with myself... :huh::o:lol:

Nemo,

You may want to edit your last post........change with to by! ;)

I got 2 NoShoot hits out of it for you!!! ;)

Ran 100% at Memphis yesterday, at 6 lbs. :D

Start loading, My loads (to get you started) 4.4 grns Clays, Federal Primers factory length (1.250) 230 grn Ranier. (this is 168+ PF in my guns)

PM coming!

Patrick, It's about time!!!! Been looking for you for 2 years......too bad Michigan is so far up there, we could get down and do some serious brawling if you were closer/ I was closer.

Matches I hope to attend next year:

Nationals

A-6

Tennessee

Mississippi

Hopefully some of you might decide to attend.

Tennessee was one of the Most enjoyable matches to shoot this year, too bad it only drew 4 (Thanks Mrs. Airedale, Airedale and Sumatone)....see what I mean about no attendance?

Tennessee and Mississippi are getting to be known for their long field courses (the entire match worth) so am most likely shooting LTD in them unless things seriously change.

So it is A-6 and Nationals that I may shoot the wheel next year, looking forward to kicking all Ya'lls ARSES!!!!! :D:D:D

Don't think so???? Come on Down and get you some!!!! ;););)

HOP

Nemo,

You may want to edit your last post........change with to by!  ;) 

:huh:

I got 2 NoShoot hits out of it for you!!!  ;)

Ran 100% at Memphis yesterday, at 6 lbs. :D

Start loading, My loads (to get you started) 4.4 grns Clays, Federal Primers factory length (1.250) 230 grn Ranier.  (this is 168+ PF in my guns)

PM coming!

HOP

I like 100%!! About the no-shoots... well, better you than me! :lol::lol:

Thanks for the load info. Duly noted!

MY REVO IT'S ALIVE!! :)