Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New stock 3 - need help

Onagoth

I filed off the damage to the safety, and now it the safety itself doesn't drop when pulling the trigger with the safety on anymore. It definitely looks peened...I'd say somewhat used a punch and hammer to try and drive the safety out without fully understanding how it gets disassembled. Plus, the sear spring seems distorted or slightly bent to the side.

Nealio, I'd say you exactly right regarding the sear. Here are before and after pics. The first shows full sear engagement with the safety on....the second shows partial sear engagement with the safety on after the trigger has been pulled.

The only other thing I noticed was that the whole sear housing seems to lift very slightly out of the frame...actually, now that I've gone over this with a fine tooth comb, I can actually feel it in the trigger when it slides out of position. It only does it towards the rear of the frame

030_zps38a71144.jpg

031_zps00142d8c.jpg

Edited by Onagoth

No...typical of a seller, he said he only fired 100 rounds through it and then it sat in his safe....lol

Honestly though, since safeties aren't used in production in IPSC (which is what the seller said he used it for), I'm not sure he would have noticed.

yep, not sure on the CA prices, but here extreme hammer is about $110, sear is $30, and then if you want add the extreme firing pin, $40, extreme guiderod $45.

That should solve all problems assuming the safety is saveable. if it's not get one of the hot extended 1911 style ones. they are $$ but awesome!

like the ones that come on the limited... they are really nice to use both as a safety and as a thumb rest. :)

Limited_Custom_hardchrome2.jpg

For sure...I already have the xtreme firing pin and guide rod....just waiting to hear back about the hammer and sear....prices are fairly close to the US considering the exchange.

Gonna have to stick with a stock safety although I think this one will work. Gotta keep the gun production legal.

I wouldn't want to advise poorly, and it seems you don't need one anyway, but just for reference I believe for IPSC production you can change to a new safety as long as it's OEM and offered for that gun. like plenty of IPSC CZ shooters using flat safeties, or wider safeties etc. The tanfoglio 1911 style one off a limited can be fitted to a stock as an option, so it's probably legal. I'm not advocating buying something you don't need, just thought it was worth mentioning. disclaimer: I could be totally wrong!

can you post some pics pleas when you install the new xtreme hammer because reading her on another tread you need to do some filing to the hammer in order to engage the safey

i am still waiting to get my stock 2 and to install the xtreme parts

thanks

andre

what Nealio said! do NOT start filing away your hammer. the safety gets fitted to the sear. since the sear is cheaper than the safety you are better off fitting the sear. yes it may be fitting of the new hammer that makes this 'fitting' necessary. but do not touch the hammer.

good point. same idea if you later bought a different hammer. would have to buy a new sear which if the safety had been 'fitted' might mean a new safety again. so yeah, it's much better to do your fitting to the sear.

hence why CGW make that nice adjustable sear for CZ's. makes swapping in new hammers a piece of cake. :)

Just as an update...I shot an IPSC match the other day and had light strikes on some Win primed ammo. A buddy and myself looked at it closely and the hammer hooks were rubbing on the sear as it dropped, causing it to slow.

Ultimately, it was caused by the overtravel screw, which I removed. I don't actually care to much if the overtravel is limited...by my estimation, it only very slightly limits it.

I've ordered an extreme hammer and another sear for this gun to correct the problem with the safety. I'll pop them in and see how the trigger feels.

Edited by Onagoth