Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Ryan Rocks Charity Blast

Hey Mark,

Our stats person has been dealing with several issues with practiscore all night. He's still trying to work out the bugs and we hope to have things up tomorrow morning. I'm sorry for the delay....we'll have things up ASAP.

I hope you enjoyed the match and had a good time. Any suggestions to improve upon for next year?

Jeff

Hey Mark,

Our stats person has been dealing with several issues with practiscore all night. He's still trying to work out the bugs and we hope to have things up tomorrow morning. I'm sorry for the delay....we'll have things up ASAP.

I hope you enjoyed the match and had a good time. Any suggestions to improve upon for next year?

Jeff

I thought it was a great match, a couple more stages would probably attract more people but besides that it was a well ran, fun match and what else could you ask for?

Thanks for all the work you guys did it was great!

Mark

This was a great match. The match ran like clockwork and the RO's were on the ball. Getting through eight stages in 6 1/2 hours (with a break for lunch) was a treat. I was expecting to be there another 2 1/2 hours. The stages were fun and well thought out. Nothing was too tricky, only a few targets that were easy to overlook. I would like to see the difficulty increased a little. Throw in some texas stars and clamshells to add to the fun, but it might slow down the match for the extra reset time. I will definitely be back next year for a great match and to support a great charity.

This was a great match. The match ran like clockwork and the RO's were on the ball. Getting through eight stages in 6 1/2 hours (with a break for lunch) was a treat. I was expecting to be there another 2 1/2 hours. The stages were fun and well thought out. Nothing was too tricky, only a few targets that were easy to overlook. I would like to see the difficulty increased a little. Throw in some texas stars and clamshells to add to the fun, but it might slow down the match for the extra reset time. I will definitely be back next year for a great match and to support a great charity.

Initially that was my thought but then realized that this was, after all, a charity match. Not every shooter was a dedicated USPSA shooter that may only shoot something like this once a year. In order to make it fun and keep it appealing, it has to be reduced to the lowest common denominator. If a shooter gets frustraited, he or she might not show up again.

I hope this doesn't sound condescending. It not intended to be so.

Many thanks to everyone that came to the match and all the compliments I have heard from everyone. It makes me ecstatic to see this many come out and that everyone was very well pleased. I like to think I take constructive criticism well, so please don't hesitate to provide suggestions to improve upon for next year. Flash74, in response to your suggestion for the Texas Star...I love using it in almost any stage I design, especially every match. It was in fact a part of our original stage design for Stage 7. Unfortunately the reliability of our star came into question and we didn't want to have a re-shoot magnet on our hands. Re-shoot magnets will lead to a massive back-up, and back-ups are my personal biggest pet peeve. We replaced it with the plate rack...kept the round count the same and still provided just a little difficulty. We had the star and clams last year, so if the masses want them to return, we can do that :) I can be evil, but finding the right balance between challenging enough and not impossible is a fine line, in my opinion. I try my best, but if more challenge is the key to improving, we can do that. My brain is already starting to process ideas for new stages for next year. Here's to bigger and better next year. Like I said, keep the suggestions rolling in. Jeff