Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best lens tint for long range shot up steel in Limited

dkynoch

Hi,

I am planning on getting into 3 gun more this year and am specifically planning on shooting the MGM Ironman in June. I am going to have to shoot limited because of my work schedule. I am fine with shooting limited my shooting experience for the past 5 years has been in NRA high power.

The one thing that I am trying to figure out is the best lens tint for my shooting glasses. In NRA high power safety glasses are highly encouraged but not required so I have not really worn any. I have shot some 3 gun where I have worn an old pair of Ray Ban Shooters with a yellow tint. I have 20/15 corrected vision and am planning on having lenses made up for my Ray Bans.

My big concern is that from the few 3 gun matches that I have shot is that the long range targets seem to get hard to see after they get shot up. Have any of you found a tint that helps you see a grayish target against a dirt background?

Thanks

Dave

I don't shoot limited but when getting my prescription shooting glasses made I went with the Rudy project, Impactx photo red lens. I noticed an immediate improvement when I switched to those from my shallow blue polarized Oakleys. They've been good for me in all light conditions as well.

Been shooting limited for years......I use a rose color tint (pink). I am also colorblind, what the pink does is make the orange clay bird light right up for me as well.

This tint can be worn in sunny days.....cuts the glare just enough, and can be worn on cloudy days as well and still not affect your sighting. It can also be worn in dark house with no ill effect either.

Tim

My eyes are very light sensetive. I squint even on a cloudy day. I wear contacts and usually shoot wearing my Oakley persimmon lenses. They are darker than a yellow and lighter than an amber. I get enough tint to keep the sun from being overbearing.

Jay

dkynoch; Try XX2i Optics my eye doctor office carries them. They come with 5 lens colors and a 2 adjustable frames and nice case. My insurance paid most of it because I had one set of lens done with my prescription . Look them up there not Rudy's, but are sold by the Rudy co.