Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FPB engagement

rowdyb

I want to modify my 75b, it's currently single action only, to lift the firing pin block much sooner than it currently is being done.

I know removing it is an answer, but for competition rules I can not do this. So what can be done to get the fpb engaged as soon as possible? I hate having sooo much trigger travel on a SAO gun just to reliably move the fpb.

Thanks.

Rowdy, I touched on the lifter mods at the end of my CZ tuning thread. You can take material off the 'foot' for the lifter, the area on the trigger bar which picks up the lifter and the firing pin so it clears the block sooner.

I may be able to help :)

Trim the firing pin lifter leg, block, spring (cut it to about 3/4 length or get a CGW spring) and firing pin to clear sooner. Go slow it does not take much to mess up the lifter.

Jason

czhase, Thank you for clarifying to me the later/sooner. This mechanism is still new-ish to me.

Kneeling, I thought you were super busy? I have a pm going your way.

kfd, thank you for that description. do you happen to have pics or just a little more detail?

I want to modify my 75b, it's currently single action only, to lift the firing pin block much sooner than it currently is being done.

I know removing it is an answer, but for competition rules I can not do this. So what can be done to get the fpb engaged as soon as possible? I hate having sooo much trigger travel on a SAO gun just to reliably move the fpb.

Thanks.

What type of match/class allows SAO trigger on a 75B but still requires the lifter?

IDPA, ESP. I can run a single action gun. If I had a shadow slide I could run that. But as I have a B in the rule book it says you need to retain any safety that came with the gun. Trying to maximize what I got... If shadows were on the DOJ list in CA I wouldn't even of had this problem......

So if I had a 9mm 1911 I'd need to still have a functioing grip safety and so on. Youd need to keep the safety plunger in your glock and so on.

E1.6 if you wanted the actual rule sited about the safety thing. The trigger is permitted in the allowed modifications for the class.