Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Factory made SS .40's?

SIG/Sauer supposedly has one in the product line. Les Baer makes them, but on a custom-order basis only--same with Wilson, Uselton, etc.

In the past, factory .40 1911s have also been made by Springfield Armory and Kimber. They turn up now and then.

Who makes a .40 Single Stack 1911? I can think of two: STI and Dan Wesson. Anyone else?

Best,

Para Ord makes them or they used to. I don't recommend them, but they do make them. Kimber also makes them, though they used to only tool up the .40 line about once a year so wait time may be long. I think Colt and SA also make them.

I'm really liking my Pro Comp 40. It will literally feed an empty case, so any bullet shape I've tried has been no problem. I polished the fire control parts, swapped the series 80 parts for a frame shim, tweaked the sear spring, added a Dawson Ice & bought a bunch of mags. It was a little heavy with the magwell, so I switched to an aluminum guide rod, & now I have an oz. to spare. It comes with 2 Checkmate mags that run great so I got 6 more from Top Gun Supply for cheap. Cheapest 40 SS mags out there & they work great.