Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 Arrived

Rich219

My Gen. 4 Glock 35 arrived today and I'm pleasantly surprised how smooth this gun shoots. I have a Zev heavy magwell on the way and need to pick up some sights for it next.

Should I be looking at adjustable sights over fixed?

1924533_10152259969457482_325489277_n.jp

I prefer fixed (warren sevigny or TTI). My gen4 G35 is extremely accurate out to 50 yds (more so than any of the gen3 Glocks i own). I have only shot 180gr bullets, but everything from my 135 PF minor loads to my 170 PF major loads to 193 PF factory .40 that my agency issues shoots within 1-2" vertical POI at 25 yds.

If you think you need adjustable sights, go ahead, but I'd try the stock ones first. Myself (I only have 2 Glocks) both guns shot right at POA right out of the box. I just painted over the white outline on the rear sight and added orange paint to the front.

10013965_10152261909387482_1257238066_n.

The Zev mag well arrived. Should sights be my next addition to the gun or something else?

Sights should have been the first thing to change. I have the Warren/Sevigny competition sights on my G34 and G35, and the same brand night sights on my G19.

Also, you should ditch that extended slide release. When I shoot IDPA, the extended release prevents the slide from locking back from my high grip. The flat release is just as easy to activate. Just saw you got the "heavy" magwell, so its probably a USPSA gun - if this is the case, locking the slide back should never even happen.

I also like the Jager heavy extended guide rod and lightened striker. The Wolff competition spring kit is a great addition as well. Recoil spring weights depend on major or minor PF. I use 12 lb minor, 15lb major.

The real question is, how are you going to get a cr speed or AA belt to work with gym shorts?

Obviously I'm not as tacticool as you all.

You are way behind the times...

I've been a jeans a tshirt guy for a long while now. I'm Far far removed from any tacticool shit.

Idpa might work better for you though, you can still wear your shotgun vest. Or you could run "rogue" and wear that fancy vest while shooting uspsa.

Edited by bpipe95

That must be why you shut your business (aka) an attempt to copy it down right?

I was just trying to help with the idpa recommendation. I thought it might be a better "fit".

An attempt to copy, please. Thanks for your very helpful recommendation, about as helpful as any info that anyone might get from your clique!