Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suggestions & Diagnosis

bayougump

Do this, hold the hammer back all the way, pull the trigger all the way back. You should be able to move the hammer from all the way down to fully cocked without feeling anything touch or drag on the hammer. If you feel anything you need to back off the overtravel screw until you don't feel anything.

And I don't see anything obviously wrong with the sear. It looks a little rounded off, but the legs look ok.

Edited by Nealio

it looks like this works :) you are a life saver, thank you :bow:

I back off the overtravel screw almoust 2 rounds, I can still feel something but the gun works ok ( in dry fire )... I can´t back off the screw anymore unless I cut it...

When you put the Xtreme hammer in there it raises the sear engagement platform, which then pulls the trigger break back. The overtravel stop was designed for the stock parts, so it may not work well with this setup.

so I removed the screw and it made no big difference, I can still feel something when lovering the hammer... I dry fire it and with my normal speed there is no problem, only when I pull extremly fast in DA the hammer stops in half way...

I´ll take it to the range on saturday and fire the hell out of it and then we´ll see...

Thank you again for your help guys...

So if you look closely as you move the hammer, do see if the sear is hitting either of the hammer hooks? If it is, you are just going to round off your sear and cause it to not catch the hooks.

that sear already looks a tiny bit rounded. not much, but a little.

I think nealio may be on to something with the sear engagement leg.

personally, I'd buy a new sear and start again. I can't imagine they are more than $20-$30 US in the EU?

personally, I'd buy a new sear and start again. I can't imagine they are more than $20-$30 US in the EU?

I think that yes, you should by a new sear is what they are saying. Plus save yourself the headache of being worried if your gun is gonna work right or not, and get a new sear and start fresh.mluckiky they are pretty inexpensive.