Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Customer service - disappointing

MoonJeong

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope you can afford the three weeks and $43,765 it takes to shoot it this year :cheers:

Dude, I thought it was $43,750! Crap... I need to get to A class... What better place than at the nationals! As long as I can get this to shoot straight again... I got some federal factory ammo to try and the front sight pin looks a little weird, so changing the pin and will try factory ammo...

I did shoot the shadow - but haven't checked accuracy with the factory ammo yet. Also waiting for that front sight roll pin. I'll be at Riverbend this Saturday, if you're there we can take some shots and you can take a look at it.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to thank Matt Hopkins for helping me out. Along with him, many have suggested looking at the front sight. While that was ok, as I took pictures to send to Matt, I found the front sight roll pin was not tight. Given that this is what holds the bushing (would have assumed the bushing shouldn't move that easily), I replaced that along with the slide stop. The accuracy is back! Attached a photo shooting off hand at 20 yards - a little over an inch, which is probably closer to 1" at 25 yards from a good shooter.

I also tried with the old barrel and the accuracy was just as good... I guess I now have two good barrels.

If cz would have tried to help me out rather than saying it was normal wear and tear and that these guns were not made for that round count, I would have been a much happier customer. I wish I would have taken the name of that person! And shame on czcustom for not resolving the issue, selling me a second barrel, then trying to sell me the accushadow upgrade! Why would you do that to someone that purchased thousands from you and do free marketing for you... All I did was talk wonders of cz and czcustom!

I'll be back shooting production as I am in love again with my shadow!

post-33189-0-35369600-1396063658_thumb.j

Things I would look at.

barrel bushing, front sight, rear sight, barrel crown, ammo

make sure the barrel bushing is tight and not moving. barrel crown is in good condition, front sight is not loose, cracked, or damaged. rear sight in tight in the dovetail, not moving left,right, rocking,etc.

Glad Matt was able to help out. He knows his stuff. If the pin is not holding the bushing, it will move under the force of recoil. Wish you have taken the time to contact me. Pm is pretty easy.

Things I would look at.

barrel bushing, front sight, rear sight, barrel crown, ammo

make sure the barrel bushing is tight and not moving. barrel crown is in good condition, front sight is not loose, cracked, or damaged. rear sight in tight in the dovetail, not moving left,right, rocking,etc.

Glad Matt was able to help out. He knows his stuff. If the pin is not holding the bushing, it will move under the force of recoil. Wish you have taken the time to contact me. Pm is pretty easy.

Stuart, didn't realize you worked for czc, as you can see I'm new around here. I'm sure there will be other chances for cz/czcustom to make it up as I strictly shoot czs in production and Open - I have 7

Cz guns and expanding. Hopefully nothing breaks or has problems, but if it does I'll PM you rather than calling customer support as they may not be the people that care about the customer (ironic). It wasn't just one call either...

I guess in conclusion, I can't say support was disappointing, given you and Matt did provide guidance through this post. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how did the front sight roll pin become loose? Its not like it gets beat on by the gun it just sits there. Things don't go from one end of the spectrum to the other with out something happening. In this case its a part that doesn't move.

Edited by steel1212

So how did the front sight roll pin become loose? Its not like it gets beat on by the gun it just sits there. Things don't go from one end of the spectrum to the other with out something happening. In this case its a part that doesn't move.

That's a good question. Can it be a wear item given that it's somewhere were there is constant battering? I also did change the slide stop. What I didn't do is determine if it was a worn slide stop or front sight pin... Having said that, I did change the front sight when I bought the gun, but it did go over a year and more than 10k rounds before it became an issue... perhaps it was the slide stop wearing out... but the front sight roll pin did look pretty bad when I took it out, it was bent (not sure if that's whats supposed to happen).

The roll pin used in the front sight (and the 1911 ejector and the 75B firing pin retainer for that matter) is soft steel and can compress over time if it takes little hits from the force of recoil to the parts it is holding. The roll pin on my 75B sight actually worked out slightly. Most of my 1911's beat the roll pin and partly collapsed it over time. A spring pin is hardened and won't compress but may break. I use solid pins that I grind at work for most applications now and stake them in place.

possibly the pin was damaged when you replaced the sight (assuming you re-installed the original pin). generally if I was removing one, I'd put a brand new one back in. they are cheap and somewhat a throw away item once they've been bashed in and back out of their hole. it just took a while to manifest itself as a real problem... glad it's sorted. :)