Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sightron 1-7

Neomet

I picked one the 1-7x24 IRMOA models in January. So far I have only shot one match and a few practice sessions with it. The glass is phenomenal and when you consider the price it just can't be beat.

I am not sure where you read about the auto dimming feature, as its not mentioned in any literature that comes from Sightron and its not something that I have noticed while using it. The dot is not overly bright though and can be switched from red to green if you prefer. It does seem to be a true 1x and there is little to no edge distortion. If i have any beefs with they would be dot size and the stadia lines are a little on the thin side.

Oh Jerry's review. Funny that I forgot about what he said given that I bought mine from him. I am still not convinced that it dims regardless for the money its a great scope. In had been set on a Vortex 1-6 until I saw this, of the 3 or so that I was able to look through the Sightron leave nothing on the table in terms of clarity it does have less FOV though but our ranges around here are relatively short and I will admit to not understanding what 'eyebox' means so I can't comment on that.

Also know as "Why is that stupid shadow in my scope?" The other thing with FOV is that higher magnification decreases your FOV. If both scopes are maxed out you are at 7X and the Vortex is at 6X so it has an advantage on the FOV. Thanks for all the info.

• 6 months later...

Well, I have one for sale if anyone wants one. My main problem with this scope is the reticle. It is just not for me. I would get lost in the hash marks. Found myself counting down, only to lose count and have to start all over again. It is fine for targets out to 200 yds but anything past that was a challenge to find my aiming point. So that being said, I prefer a BDC reticle. The illumination was useless in the daylight. Field of view not that great but not the worst out there.

• 2 weeks later...

My buddy got one of these last week and I got the burris 1.5-8 xtrii only about $150 difference and the difference in these two optics are night and day.

The Sightron makes you feel like your looking through a small tube and it has a very purple tent to the image. the reticle is the MOA reticle and has the big center dot and covers up a lot of the target. The illumination is too dim for daylight.

The burris has a big field of view and the black ring around the scope view is much smaller making it feel like the scope blends into your field of view much better even though its a 1.5 vs 1x of the sightron, The image was way brighter with The burris We also had a Vortex Razer 1-6 on had and the glass on that was way better then the sightron and barely better then the sightron. we also had a us optics 1-8 on hand and the Burris and Vortex were both way brighter and had a bigger field of view. The US optics had good image quality but the field of view was so small like looking through a straw. would be awesome scopes if you are not moving and your targets not moving but for 3 gun I just don't think they are in the game.

So far for the price I think the New Burris xtrii scopes are going to be making waves in the three gun optic world. Te Dual focal plane reticle is awesome in the 1.5-8 and it is crazy bright.

They also have a nice 1-5x for a little less money and it has a true 1x and daytime bright reticle.