Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz75 carry?

doc38

I guess I am a little weird, but I like to carry what I compete with.I have been shooting a Smith&Wesson 1911 ( 45 acp, of course), and EDC it, too. I am pretty happy with that set up, but to be really honest, I am quicker out of the holster and on target with my Cz75b than anything else.I have gotten over the big bore disease and really appreciate the economy of 9mm brass and components.

I have no ambition to be the greatest shooter of all time. I do USPSA mainly to challenge myself and try to get a little better all the time. With that in mind, what mods would any of you fellows make? I actually like the factory sights, although I would like adjustable sights. The stock trigger is not a problem for me,but I would like a crisper, lighter single action. My hands are about average size, but meaty, so I thin some thinner grips might help .Then again, they might not. I get just about a perfect grip with some Houge Wrap Arounds. I do want to remove the magazine brake. If I understand correctly I have to change the spring there.

Everything else is just about Heaven. Any suggestions, comments, etc.?

:devil: suggestions.....

Here are some for you:

CGW extended firing pin, reduced firing pin spring, 11.5 and 8.5 hammer springs tho you can run up to a 13lb spring that's what I did for my carry gun.

CGW T3 disco it requires fitting but will give Zero pretravel but if your not comfortable fitting it he sells drop ins to

CGW reduced trigger return spring.

CGW sells both a fixed comp sight or a lpa adjustable sight. I ran the fixed and really liked it.

I like to carry wood grips but there are a lot of good options and CZC has probably the best thin grips

• 4 weeks later...

My carry gun is a 75BD with pretty much all of that, VZ diamondbacks (they might get taken off when it starts getting warmer and there is less between me and the grip) - I have the disco that doesn't need to be fitted and there is some pre-travel, but it's not too bad. I'm planning on setting up another one pretty soon and will probably fit the disco.

I'm not one to customize pistols, other than maybe replacing the sights or something simple. But, I would like to +1 you on carrying what you shoot. I shoot an 85 Combat (effectively a 75B for carry purposes), and while it can get awkward at my office job and what not, I wouldn't want to carry something that I haven't shot thousands upon thousands of times. When I need a bit more concealment, I carry a CZ 2075 RAMI, which is what I use for IDPA BUG matches.

That's what I carry. I like the 9 because it penetrates well. It's been 100% reliable too. Adjustable sights, trigger job, extended firing pin, 15 pound hammer spring, VZ grips, drop free mag brake. I shot into B class in Limited with it in USPSA last year with it too, which is good for an old permanently disabled guy. :surprise:

I carry one of my guns that I compete with. Works well.

I have a plain black front sight, cz tac rear , short reset, factory hammer, vz grips.

eerw- Its nice that the platform is so good that it doesn't need much work. I would have thought that you'd have the trickest, high speed-low drag, things out there.

Edited by jmbaccolyte