Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

question for owners of Springfield custom shop pistols

cp3head

I posted this question on another site and was referred to here. I tried searching on this site but I did not really find anything like this discussed. So, with that being said: There are tons of posts for and against the Springfield Custom Shop and their work. I have owned a Springfield TRP in the past and thought that it was a fine pistol. I am now considering a Professional model or the Custom Carry model. For those of you that own one of these or have owned one of these, would you purchase one again? Any insight regarding these two pistols and your experiences would be greatly appreciated. Are there any features that I should add, delete? The pistol will be target shooting and maybe some competition. Thanks in advance.

Professional comes one way only.

I have many 1911's, including full customs. I had to order a pro after seeing the qualification test it passed. I shot one, and don't look back. It's 26 months to wait, but the price isn't bad that way. Set back $100 a month.

For that cost you could have a full custom built to your exact specifications and in a much shorter time. The only thing it would lack is SA's renown CS but I doubt you'll have any issue with a build from a reputable pistolsmith.

Thank you all for your responses. I am sure that either the custom carry or Professional will perform better than I can. I agree with Kingman that the cost is not bad if you look at it as a $100 a month investment. Are there any benefits to the custom carry vs the Pro (ie features that I should look at that the Pro does not have)?

Hey there cp

I own both. My custom carry I have had since 1986. Absolutely love it. I bought a used Pro from a CO and Also love it. Both are great pistols. The Custom Carry can be had however you like the Pro only comes one way. SA CS has amazing service and I would recommend them highly. BTW my Pro is my Avatar.

JMHO