Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Bullet Do You Like

Bart Solo

I was using montana gold mostly when shooting limited or production but now that am shooting 40 in revolver am using the 200 grain round nose from sns .. now if can just sort out a powder that doesnt smoke quite so much...switched to thier coated and those are much better but still a little too smokey for indoor matches ...will play with powders as currently using hp38 (as much as can with current shortages)

Edited by brnhp35

All Bayou for me now. I had some trouble with Berry's tumbling and leaving plating the the barrel of my Glock (both with my reloads and with Atlanta Arms loads). Bayou has been very reliable, great to deal with, harder bullet than the plated bullets and Donnie is great to deal with.

I don't see switching from Bayou anytime soon. I stopped by their shop last Friday and picked up 5000 180's in .40, 1000 230's in .45 ACP, 100 200's in .40 and 100 147's in 9mm. Donnie even rolled the cart with my bullets out to the car :). On our way out of the shop we saw at least 20 - 25 medium flat rate boxes packed and labeled ready for the poor mail person to pick up. I should be set with bullets for the next several months.

I have been using Bayou Bullets for the last 3 years now. I have used them with my M&P 40 Pro, my Tanfoglio Elite Limited and now my STI 2011's without any issues at all. I had thought about switching and another shooter made the comment, "If you are not having any problems then why do it" so I didn't

just cant go wrong with Bayou or BBI. I recently tried Xtreme and was happy with them as well. Montana Gold is great if price is no issue. But the coated bullets are more efficient so little less recoil IMHO.

Xtreme are great price and great service. A real nice guy. I use Missouri Bullet Co for cast lead with fantastic results in 9 and 40. But you probably dont want to do that in your Glock. But if you ever want lead for another gun, go with MBC!

BBI bullets for me in .40 180 gr TC and 9mm 147 gr. really like the new coating on the bullets, shoots just as clean as jacketed without the high price. Just be sure to add on the extra $5 for insurance when you order as USPS lost the last case I got from them. Great service on BBI's part helping to track down the case for me.

Hornady bullets for major matches when I can find them....