Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen3 or gen4 G34 to send to Taran tactical

Longshot83

I am going to purchase a g34 glock to be used for 3 gun and multi gun matched primarily. Also it may see a few IDPA and USPSA matches. I plan to inventively send it to Taran tactical innovations to get the RTS package installed. My question is should I get a gen 4 or a gen 3. I prefer the size of the gen 4 with none of the back straps installed, I also prefer the magazine release. Will the reduced grip size of the gen 4 limit what Taran can do will the grip stippling? I know the full grip package will take it out of production and ssp and I am okay with that. Thank you.

I have a G4 G34 that is heavily stippled. That isn't an issue. You can do it cheaper yourself with all the same parts. Practice the stippling on the extra back straps. The rest is just parts changes. The trigger is a Vanek and the sights you can get from Dawson. You may not need to change the recoil spring assy but those parts are easy to find and tailor to your loads. I don't see how the grip cap can help with reloads but you can also find magwells easy enough

I have a TTI Gen 4 35 and the grip work is flawless. The grip work made a nice improvement on the feel of the gun. I agree that the trigger work can be done by anyone. I say if you have the money go for it! The turn around time was pretty quick, maybe 2-3 weeks.

I would say fondle an TTI gun before you buy it. Some people don't feel comfortable with the new grip feeling if they are used to the standard glock hump while others fall in love with them. That and the laser etching are the biggest things TTI does. Sights you can order from them directly and triggers you can buy a drop in anywhere.

My choice would be a gen 4 since you prefer the smaller grip size.

Good luck with whichever you choose.

I prefer a gen 3 myself due to having the ability to tune the pistol with the right spring without using the gen 4 adapter. Also try checking out the DK Custom Trigger drop in trigger kit and look at the grip work he does. It's honestly the best trigger for a Glock I have ever used. I would not shoot a major match without it.

Jason Pratt

IDPA: A45403

USPSA: A78020