Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sighting a M2 field for slugs

vtecpaoche

Hi,

I just picked up a Benelli M2 field. I've mainly shot trap with my Nova. I decided on a M2 for some local matches as the 28" barrel on the Nova was tough to maneuver with. Before I take it to a match, I wanted to fire a few slugs out of it to confirm how accurate (or how inaccurate) it is with slugs.

Without a rear sight, how do you get an accurate sight picture? On my Nova, it was pretty easy as I lined up the fiber optic with the bead in the rib. Is my only option to install a rear sight first?

Thanks.

i took my m2 field out to my local range to see where the POI landed @ 25 and 50 yards… well, what's really scary is that @ 25 yards, i have to aim 8 inches below the target to hit center mass, and @ 50 yards i have to aim 12 inches below. keep in mind i was using Kent 1690 fps loads …

either a taller front sight or maybe a lesser fps shot would yield better POA/POI results.

I painted a white line up the back of the ramp up to my rib. Use this as reference point for both wind age and depth to bury front bead for elevation. It worked for me and since I had some 2001 suburban white touch up paint on my tool bench, free.