Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My New Shirt for The 2014 Season

Sarge

I'm having a hard time affording bullets let alone a $100 shirt. If anyone wants to buy me a shirt they can put whatever they want on it and I promise I'll wear it to a minimum of 2 matches a month for the next twelve months. I don't care if you own a septic service, I suck too!!!

Pepe LePew's septic service...We're #1 in a #2 business....

I say we hold lifeislarge to his word. If enough of us chip in a few bucks we could make him a killer shirt. He has to post a video of every match this season wearing the shirt.

I am in for $5 with "Mcpeter's funeral parlor"!

Wait. I mean Mcfuneral's Peter parlor! :)

Edited by Sarge

I say we hold lifeislarge to his word. If enough of us chip in a few bucks we could make him a killer shirt. He has to post a video of every match this season wearing the shirt.

I am in for $5 with "Mcpeter's funeral parlor"!

Wait. I mean Mcfuneral's Peter parlor! :)

Don't be writin checks your ass can't cash!!! :sight:

Are most people who have shirts like this actually sponsored in some way or is it just what the cool kids do to show what products they like? I shot a lot in Utah and Idaho and no one really wore anything like this but on the East coast I see plenty. The peer pressure is getting to me but so far I have resisted the walking billboard trend even though it does look pretty cool.

Are most people who have shirts like this actually sponsored in some way or is it just what the cool kids do to show what products they like? I shot a lot in Utah and Idaho and no one really wore anything like this but on the East coast I see plenty. The peer pressure is getting to me but so far I have resisted the walking billboard trend even though it does look pretty cool.

For me it's a mixed bag. I get nothing for free per say but I love the crew at Shooter's Connection. If they have what I need I buy it there every time. They give me a fairly decent break in pricing for wearing a shirt, carrying their shooting bag and talking up their products and service. Matt Cheely built my gun and I wear his logo because he builds great guns and is also second to none in customer service as far as I am concerned. My gun is over two years old and he still gives me pretty good deals on upgrades, new parts, etc. I wear an STI logo in case I get lucky and finish in a MAJOR match well enough to get a little something from them.

Other than that I like to show my patriotism by wearing a small US flag and my retired Army logo. I also added a USPSA logo this year to show support for the sport.

I added my name so I could enjoy the look on peoples faces when they think I am somebody famous only to read my name and say, "never heard of him!" :roflol:

But no, not many truly sponsored shooters out there. I personally just wear it for the cool factor and what I listed above. I do think it is important to actually use or believe in anything you display though. When I shot for a "squad" for a year, their shirt was plastered with crap I would never even dream of using and I found that conflicting so I moved on.

Get yourself one. You will look and feel like a better shooter! :cheers:

Edited by Sarge

I think its actually a very small portion that are actually sponsored. Most buy them. When I first came into the sport I was very confused by this. I saw people covered in sponsors and thought they must be pretty awesome... alas no. There are contingency programs for major matches where if you wear their logo, use their product and win while being video taped and put it on youtube or something you get a prize. Blue Bullets, STI, and FN are the only ones I know of.

Sarge that's a sweet shirt. Minimalist approach to the logos looks much nicer than using up every square inch of space. It does look like someone famous would be wearing it! Good job!