Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to Glocks....glock 19 for me!

3djedi

Never owned a glock but finally bit the bullet. Mainly what sold me on glock is aftermarket parts basically fall out of the sky (They're everywhere!). My first purchase is the glock 19 gen 4. I plan on training and carrying this pistol. If all works out I may even switch to a glock 34 or 35 for competition.

I know this is competition oriented forum but I was wondering if you guys could tell me if there are any improvements I should make on the glock 19. This will be primarily a CCW so I don't really think I need to make the trigger pull any lighter. I do plan on changing the sights to some tritium night sights for sure. Anything else?

Thanks!

Replacing the sights is the spot on thing to do. Since you're planning on carrying this weapon I recommend no other changes. Shoot about 500 to 1000 rounds through her and you should get a sense of any nastiness that the weapon might have. Document thes issues and have a Glock Certified Armorer check it out. Occasionally they might recommend sending the firearm back to Glock (in Georgia) to have it worked on.

Nothing wrong with competing with what ya carry. Improves your familiarity with your system.

Have fun

Besides sights, look at installing a grip plug to keep lint and dirt out of the gun. You may also want to look into an extended slide stop and a medium sized mag catch (e.g. Vickers mag catch) depending on personal preference. Other than that, I wouldn't change anything else in a carry gun.

Thanks! Yeah, I think the only thing I will do is add some nice sights. I see some people add a ghost connector to the trigger but I don't think I will do anything to the trigger.

I ordered a set of speed sights with tritium. They look cool as sh*t!

I am going to go contrary to the crowd just a little.

.25 Cent Trigger Job. Basically a light polish will speed up the break in and make it smoother.

I like the Dawson Slide Racker Sights. Narrowest Front blade I could find of any Tritium.

Thats it.

As everyone said all you need is sights. I prefer Trijicon HD's for defensive/ccw. Dawson adjustables for everything else.

+1. I use orange fiber sights on my competition guns and an orange ring on my night sights. Makes shooting the carry gun feel like shooting the competition gun. Now if I only didn't like my CZ better than my G34 for competition.

I was at cabela's today and saw they sell the glock 19 gen 4 for $649!

My LGS has them for $579 but I offered $525 and he took it. Actually I thought $525 was pretty high for a glock. Did I get a decent deal?

Edited by 3djedi