Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Georgia State Championship

Roger,

I keep trying to get to the website to get the application via your link, Area 6's link, and Georgia IPSC's link.  I keep getting a "Access Forbiden" error message.  Any ideas?  Can you email me an app?  Thanks.

Roger,

Its working this morning. Application is on the way. Take care.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick update.

We processed competitor number 180 today. Barring any cancellations, we have about 8 slots left on the Saturday PM slots and the rest are for Friday.

I am hoping to be able to put the match book up by the end of the week.

Carlos

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Spidey, I'm all signed up and ready to go!  How's the match book coming along?

Larry,

Knowing just what wonderful reading a match book can be :) I would venture to guess that what you really want to know is what do the stages look like. :lol: I have forwarded them to our webmaster for posting on the web page so they should be up soon.

By way of recap, I have processed over 205 entries already with about 6 cancellations so the match is pretty much full. We could probably acommodate a couple more folks on the Friday schedule as we will not be as tight on time there.

We certainly appreciate all the support and are looking forward to putting on a safe, fun and challenging match for all of you.

Regards,

Carlos

Hey Carlos,

Any chance of a different classifier? I think I have shot it 10 times since January (Including the Summer Blast last weekend). I still can't shoot it worth a flip. ;) Thanks for posting the stages. I look forward to seeing y'all in a couple of weeks. take care.

Jack

Jack,

Looks like you have yet another opportunity to improve on it. :) I have over 215 folks signed up already and I am sure it would be difficult to come up with a classifier that someone has not already shot recently. Besides, we have 13 GM's already so we will most likely be able to enter the whole match as a classifier as well. ;)

See you in a couple of weeks.

Carlos

Hey! You can't blame a guy for trying.... However, I did shoot it well today (in Spartanburg). I'm looking forward to seeing y'all in a couple of weeks. Take care.

Jack

Jack,

Looks like you have yet another opportunity to improve on it.  :) I have over 215 folks signed up already and I am sure it would be difficult to come up with a classifier that someone has not already shot recently. Besides, we have 13 GM's already so we will most likely be able to enter the whole match as a classifier as well. ;)

See you in a couple of weeks.

Carlos

Hi All,

After a long drive back to Atlanta from Quincy today, I have just finished processing all the entires that were waiting for me when I got home. Here is the latest update.

The 2005 Georgia State Match is SOLD OUT !!!!!!!

We had originally intended for the cut-off to be 200. I have processed over 235 entries thus far with only 8 or 9 cancellations so we are looking at over 225 competitors for the match. :):D:lol: These numbers include 14 GMs so we are hopefull to have the match results also go in as a classifer.

We are working hard to make sure we put on a great match and look forward to seeing all of you in a couple of weeks.

Carlos

Carlos,

Sold out...?! :D What about in 2006? (month?). Might try to make it to your side of the states in 2006. Took us a total of 10.5 hours flying to get home. Was good shooting with you in Barry :D

Aloha,

Barry

Hi Barry,

Make you a deal. If you can get here, I will make sure you get in. :) Don't know about next year yet but you never know.

I've travelled over 3 million miles all over the world and never have been to Hawaii. I may just have to see about using some frequent flyer miles and take a vacation some time around the same time as.... say the Hawaiian open next year?. B)

Good shooting with you as well.

Carlos

Thanks, Paul. I downloaded the first link and started thinking "Hey, these stages don't look like the stages I downloaded last week." Then, after about 20 minutes (being the sharp Gubmint employee that I am) I caught the date. See you in a couple of weeks.....

Isn't that last year's book?

:o Indeed it was; I just fixed the link in the original post - in case folks wonder what the above posts were all about.