Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Solutions for poor lighting indoors

alma

I have never liked shooting on indoor ranges mostly because I find it much harder to quickly find and focus on my sights. My FO inserts barely work at some ranges.

I have been thinking about bringing some type of battery powered lighting with me that could be attached to the lane separator to provide better lighting for my sights. Has anyone tried something like this and if so what did you come up with?

I still feel like I would want something overhead to light up the FOs better. Thanks for the suggestions.

Magnetic LED battery powered work light? (as seen at WalMart) Attach to wall or bracket above you with the magnet?

Eric

• 2 months later...

I still feel like I would want something overhead to light up the FOs better. Thanks for the suggestions.

Magnetic LED battery powered work light? (as seen at WalMart) Attach to wall or bracket above you with the magnet?

Eric

i might give that a try

• 1 month later...

I use a LED touch light with a magnet glued onto the back. Attaches to the track for the target carrier and shines right where it's needed.

I've tried using a headlamp and didn't like the amount of light that hit the rear sight, hard to explain but didn't look right and was quite distracting.

Try some red or yellow tinted Eye-protection. That can bring the contrast up quite a bit on Fiber optic sights.

^^This

I have a pair of yellow prescription sunglasses made specifically for low-lighting situations. Indoor ranges and overcasts. Works great