Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine fed shotgun

cbmax

Was trying to see if there are drums for the 1919 and BR99,

I don't know of any commercially available drums for the MKA 1919 but Jim at Firebird Precision converted a Saiga drum to work. From my understanding it was not nearly as reliable as the box magazines so I guess it was something experimental that never made it out of the laboratory.

Bill

With Firebird hopefully releasing their all US built Tac12a1 later this year the supply of parts should be a thing of the past. It also sounds like it would be quite a bit cheaper than the R&R and hopefully with better QA, Jim will be able to make a high performing comp for it.

The Rhino Arms AR10 based gun also looks really interesting, though quite a bit pricier, but I havent seen a single video of it running yet, so hard to tell if its vaporware or a serious contender yet.

Personally, with potentially two exciting new products slated for release later this year I would wait a few more months before deciding. I'll be following both closely to see if its worth upgrading/switching.

If you really need one now, see if you can find both an MKA and Saiga and try them out next to each other. I have owned a Saiga and currently own two Firebird MKAs, so I obviously prefer the MKA, but I'd say that the choice is more personal preference than anything. Both have pros and cons and either one will most likely serve you well.

Edited by gose

Ramairthree

My son is the same way only 22 years old he wants this, that, or the other thing. Drives me nuts. Also drives his wife nuts.

He has a very nice Siaga, a very nice AR, and a pretty sweet Walther.

He can shoot 3 gun and might actually do well he's a great shooter the trouble is I can't convince him that may time's it's the Indian not the bow that counts. He thinks that gadgets and accessories are what's needed to win.

The thing is he is both accurate and very fast. Why is youth wasted on the young?

The problem is he feels out gunned! Because he has no optic on his pistol and his Saiga is Rock and Lock, The truth is he can put some heat of the pros, because he has natural talent, using the drum he may not be at as much of a disadvantage as he thinks he is.

Ramairthree

My son is the same way only 22 years old he wants this, that, or the other thing. Drives me nuts. Also drives his wife nuts.

He has a very nice Siaga, a very nice AR, and a pretty sweet Walther.

He can shoot 3 gun and might actually do well he's a great shooter the trouble is I can't convince him that may time's it's the Indian not the bow that counts. He thinks that gadgets and accessories are what's needed to win.

The thing is he is both accurate and very fast. Why is youth wasted on the young?

The problem is he feels out gunned! Because he has no optic on his pistol and his Saiga is Rock and Lock, The truth is he can put some heat of the pros, because he has natural talent, using the drum he may not be at as much of a disadvantage as he thinks he is.

I ran that way for 3yrs in 3gun. I found the drums reliability less than desirable, so I just used stick mags and lots of practice reloading. Make sure to load up the mags to full capacity so you get the tension of the round on the bolt. I really didn't do terrible at the matches, but I was never out there to win anyways just to have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

With Firebird hopefully releasing their all US built Tac12a1 later this year the supply of parts should be a thing of the past. It also sounds like it would be quite a bit cheaper than the R&R and hopefully with better QA, Jim will be able to make a high performing comp for it.

The Rhino Arms AR10 based gun also looks really interesting, though quite a bit pricier, but I havent seen a single video of it running yet, so hard to tell if its vaporware or a serious contender yet.

Personally, with potentially two exciting new products slated for release later this year I would wait a few more months before deciding. I'll be following both closely to see if its worth upgrading/switching.

If you really need one now, see if you can find both an MKA and Saiga and try them out next to each other. I have owned a Saiga and currently own two Firebird MKAs, so I obviously prefer the MKA, but I'd say that the choice is more personal preference than anything. Both have pros and cons and either one will most likely serve you well.

How is the TAC12-A1 going to be better than just buying what Firebird is selling now?? When will it be available?

I am switching to Open and need an Open shotgun.....kinda now....

T

He is pretty good about not going crazy over the kit.

Choice of pistol for his birthday and he stuck with taking one of my Berettas.

(yes, I am dated in some selection)

Pretty standard AR.

He crushes me on shotgun/pigeons now with a JM930- and I grew up dropping partridge and woodcock with a single shot .410.

He just wants a mag fed shot gun.

I had 20/10 vision and no glasses my whole life, just hit reading glasses age.

I spend a year and a half in casts and surgery on my main hand/wrist-

and am not shooting like I used to-

Decades of experience and I can still have an edge on the pistol and AR against him,

but those days are numbered.

His eye hand coordination and speed...

man I forgot how quick you could be.

I have a Tooth & Nail 1919. It has a mid-barrel comp. I have a few coupled 10 round mags, a 18 rnd Roulette, a few 10 rnd mags. Once I got the gun tuned after I added the comp it runs flawlessly. I run a Fastfire III on a Burris AR mount. I have a super trick Kydex drop leg mag holder that holds two coupled 10 rnders that I got from T&N. I have always gotten through to both Matt & Josh whenever I call. Josh shares 100% all he knows from building and shooting them, Matt is always able to satisfy my "I need it before next match" requests. Can't say enough how nice it is doing business with them and how straight up bad-ass my T&N 1919 is.