Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caspian for Limited

Attila

Hey guys,

Did I read that post right that Caspian would be producing 40 mags in the spring?

I wonder if they will be a new design or just a upgrade so to speak of the old ones. If someone can get 20 rds in 40 for a Caspian, that would be the cat's _ss!

DaG

When I called Caspian and spoke to Gary yesterday, I was told they have at least two prototypes for .40 mags. One is based on a modified .38 super mag. The other is not as far along developmentaly, but holds more rounds. Longer mags were also mentioned as being available further down the road. Gary at Caspian told me he would not have .40 mags in time for the Florida Open, but hopefully very soon afterwards.

Attilla,

The modified 38 Super mag for .40 is a modification that I did on my mags 10-11 years ago. I split the front and removed the wedge shape. This increase the capacity to 17. I have installed an EGW +2 basepad on one and it will hold 19rds. That is one of the prototypes that Gary mentioned.

Alan

Alan-

I remember him telling me that one proto was modified by a customer and thought I heard 19rds, but wasnt sure if 19 was the right number so I didnt want to put out info that was incorrect. Thank you for your input. Again, the other prototype is supposed to hold more than 19, but I dont recall him saying a specific round count.

Of the brands I originally posted about, I will probably go with a Caspian. Now I have to decide on a gunsmith, but enough of that has been covered in other threads. :D

Attila,

If the other prototype holds more than 19 it will probably be 20. I am basing that on the 140 mm Craig mags that hold 19 and they need to be modified to fit the gauge. If TravisT is around he could probably shed more light on that prototype.

Alan

I've been working on a 20 round Caspian mag. Right now it is a reloadable 20. I'm trying to find the best spring and follower combo. The base pads for these mags are being made hopefully this month.

Rich

I've been working on a 20 round Caspian mag. Right now it is a reloadable 20. I'm trying to find the best spring and follower combo. The base pads for these mags  are being made hopefully this month.

Rich

Rich,

Will they be available for sale, or is this a project for yourself? If they are available for sale can I get on a waitlist?