Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio limited pro VS Tanfoglio witness/match .45ACP

Kimbertarget

Besides front cocking serrations and ambi safety is there any real difference in the quality of the frame,slide and barrel. The limiteds i see are going for $950-$1000 but the Witness models are half that price.was looking for another BOWLING PIN pistol and wanted to try a CZ-75 style pistol.

Does anyone compete with a TANFOGLIO limited,production ii or witness?

How is customer service,parts availability,ease of trigger jobs/barrel swaps to different calibers and customer service.

Edited by Kimbertarget

The big difference is the competition frame; if you never put your hands on one, you'll be happy with your Match, but if you do, nothing else will do!

The Match is a great value: the trigger is just as good, the barrel/slide are basically the same (the Match rear sight sucks but Henning makes a fixed replacement).

The downsides:

-the new style, railed Match is heavy and has a funny balance to it

-smooth grip on frame

-no provision for mag well (although you can modify it for one pretty easy

Is it worth it? I don't know, I have six Tanfoglios, five are competition frames and the Match is for sale...

You know I wondered the same thing not all that long ago when I wanted a new tanfo but then I was in a gun store and they let me hold one of the elite limiteds with the competition frame. WOW!I don't even care for the witness frame that I put a lot of time and money in to make it a wicked competition gun. Ok I am overstating myself I do still like my other witness, but they are both great pistols and eaa has a great warranty. So its up to you

Any known videos of how to do this, or other references? I had my stock 11 done by a pro and it is so much better now, but my new limited pro 9mm is really bad in DA and pretty bad in SA. In fact, it may be the worst DA trigger I have ever pulled on an auto loader.

I would like to see it as good as my Mink built CZ shadow, but that may not be a reality. The overall quality of a Tanfo however is much better than a CZ. Too bad they cannot get their triggers improved out of the box.