Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bladetech Pro-style mag pouches w/ cant + misc. n00b gear questions

wtturn

Hi, new USPSA shooter here with some gear questions!

Anyone run these pouches? brownells.com/shooting-accessories/holsters-belt-gear/magazine-belt-pouches/glock-competition-mag-pouch-sku098000080-31764-53796.aspx

My specific concern is real estate due to a (relatively) small waist and it appears that the Tek-Lok clip part takes up a good bit of room on the belt. I am a production only shooter at this time and anticipate running 4 mags on the belt and loading one from the back pocket during "make ready" period.

As an alternative, I thought about maybe using two singles up front and a double carrier brownells.com/shooting-accessories/holsters-belt-gear/magazine-belt-pouches/glock-double-mag-pouch-sku098000037-41583-48220.aspx toward the back. Thoughts?

I'll be ordering a CR Speed belt at the same time. Consensus appears to be to order 4" up from your pants size. I measured my waist at 36" actual and I wear 33-34" jeans. I'm leaning towards ordering in a size 38. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Tyler

Careful with the overlap on your belt length. Too much will wreck your whole setup. Just check twice.

The pouches look alright. I shoot production and run 5 pouches. Not very often when I'm going for that last one, but it does happen. For 40$ a pop you can shop though, that price covers all but one of the pouches out there. I was recommended these and so far I am very happy with them.

http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Ghost-360-Pouch-P2282.aspx

i have a 33/34 waist and run a 38 CR speed. the overlap is slight more than i like. i would get the 36. on the mag pouches, BT stuff is nice, but it is not convertible to other gun. If you get tired of the Glock, and wish to move to something else, you would have to get all new pouches. I would get either CR speed or Ghost pouches. they can be use with multiple mags and are cheaper to boot.

i would suggest 5 mags and the make ready mag from the front pocket. If you have ever been to a hose fest or shot a texas star ot polish plate, rounds go real fast and one does not want to run out.

I would suggest you consider the CR speed versa pouches. They are not the absolute smallest mount size, but smaller than some. You will be able to fit 5 behind the hip bone without having to reach around like you're getting out of a straight jacket for the last mag. They are super robust, come with a range of inserts and can mount of different angles. They are good pouches. :)

Another pouch to consider is the Double Alpha Academy pouches. The belt attachment point is very small but sturdy. It can also be mounted sideways which will allow you to get about 6 pouches within the same area as 4 standard mounted pouches. They have the Race Master pouches at $60 each and the standard Racer pouches for about $33. The Master is aluminum and the Racer is plastic. Everything else is the same.

I don't have them but quite a few shooters at our club do. I'll be purchasing those next if and when my Gugas Ribas pouches break. A lot easier to get and a smaller mounting point.

The least space is taken up by ready tactical pouches. Cheaper than the rest and no knobs, screws, spacers etc. if you change guns you just heat them up and tweak them.

Get them at Cpwsa here on the forums

Careful with the overlap on your belt length. Too much will wreck your whole setup. Just check twice.

The pouches look alright. I shoot production and run 5 pouches. Not very often when I'm going for that last one, but it does happen. For 40$ a pop you can shop though, that price covers all but one of the pouches out there. I was recommended these and so far I am very happy with them.

http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Ghost-360-Pouch-P2282.aspx

I just got 4 of these and really like them a lot!