Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P-14 ultra thin grips

kmca

I did a search and turned up one old thread. The shop listed doesn't exist, at least I couldn't find it. Anyway, it was about a thin grip insert that replaces regular grips. Are there any vendors that make this?

Thanks.

Edited by kmca

Thanks. I use VZ grips on my some of my single stacks. I seem to remember the grip inserts, basically covered the holes and the "extra" holes that cover the trigger bow. They were about the thickness of a double layer of grip tape. I don't know if this makes sense, but right now, it's the best I can do :closedeyes:

Edited by kmca

I think that if you get some old grips you can remove material to make them a bit thinner.

That's what I did today. Covered it with some skateboard tape and I'll see if it's thin enough.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I did a search and turned up one old thread. The shop listed doesn't exist, at least I couldn't find it. Anyway, it was about a thin grip insert that replaces regular grips. Are there any vendors that make this?

Thanks.

I think what KMCA is talking about are the aluminum grip fillers that EGW used to sell a really long time ago. You screwed these in the gap behind where the grips mounted, filed off the screw bosses for the grips and then covered the whole shabang with grip tape. These fillers were nice, I've got a pair somewhere that I never mounted, but liked the way they filled the back of the frame.

ETA, I've got a couple of pair of the VZ grips, one set for my Para and a set for my SS. The grips for the Para are no where near as grippy as the SS grips. They are nice looking, they just don't seem to grip any better than the grip tape I've put on my standard Para grips.

Edited by VinceU1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...