Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The other forums

Overscore

Here is something that I've come to hate, or at least dislike, and that is the other shooting forums that exist. Without naming names, there are two others that I use, one which is local to my state, and another that is universal. I've come to realize that the difference between those forums and this one is that the people here are into SHOOTING. The stereotypical person on the other forums is more into having guns and being "tacticool." It is very similar to the people who buy Jeeps and then just put a bunch of aftermarket stuff on them to make them "cool" vs. the people who buy them and then go out driving in the Pine Barrens every weekend and upgrade things for functional purposes.

I can only stomach about 15 minutes of some other shooting forums. There literally is nothing out there like BENOS!

I've mentioned this to Brian before, BUT, keep in mind, there have been forums for years and year. BUT, this forum is one of the first really successful social media sites I can think of. He pre-dates Facebook, twitter, myspace, and etc by YEARS. Keep in mind, Brian paired the social aspects of a forum with business aspects.....the vedor areas and advertising and such YEARS before the rest.

This site is though hugely popular in our shooting community, is relatively unknown outside of it, but was proving out social media business integration LONG before it became "cool". I was a lurker in the earliest days,,,,becoming an active member about 11 years ago.

Then you get the people on the other forums who think that a gun with more than a few hundred rounds has been abused. I was called all kind of names on a local forum for answering a young shooter that cleaning a gun after every trip to the range was good but not always needed. I was informed that if you didn't clean it every time it would fail when you most needed it.