Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Opinions appreciated:

gliney00

So, I thought I had a plan for my shotgun. I convinced myself I really didn't need a versamax or a M2. I was going to stick with my old 870 for my first couple Multi gun events (which I did) but then I started reading up on the Stoeger M3000 and it sounded like a great deal. So I went down to my local shop to pick one up, and low and behold they have one sitting next to a versa max tactical(that is on sale with an additional 10% off) so now do I go with the $545.00 Stoeger and add a safety and an extended mag tube or just go full boat right out of the box and go the $880.00 they want for the Versamax. I think it would be a no brainer if I had the extra money, but as it sits I will have to put it on lay away or do some trading with the shop.

That is tempting but that is a good deal on the versa max though, and it has a tube on it already since its a tactical no?

Also 545 plus tax +80 for a tube, weld the lift gate, open the loading port, change the sight? Am I missing something else? If you plan on doing all that yourself then great! But if not the versa is pretty close to out of the box ready correct? I have to go find pictures.

Another vote for the Versamax. By the time you spend the money on the Stoeger to get it ready, I think you are getting close enough in price to the versamax to make the Versamax the better deal in the long run. I think if you decided to sell in the future, the versamax would probably have better resell value also.

I have shot both and own a 26" versa max. The stoeger will have more recoil similar to a pump action gun . The versa max will run any ammo you feed it and has half the recoil so follow ups are quicker and shoulder is less sore after a day of shooting. 880.00 is very good price for a versa max tactical!! If you have the extra cash or even if you don't figure out a way to get it for that price!

So, I thought I had a plan for my shotgun. I convinced myself I really didn't need a versamax or a M2. I was going to stick with my old 870 for my first couple Multi gun events (which I did) but then I started reading up on the Stoeger M3000 and it sounded like a great deal. So I went down to my local shop to pick one up, and low and behold they have one sitting next to a versa max tactical(that is on sale with an additional 10% off) so now do I go with the $545.00 Stoeger and add a safety and an extended mag tube or just go full boat right out of the box and go the $880.00 they want for the Versamax. I think it would be a no brainer if I had the extra money, but as it sits I will have to put it on lay away or do some trading with the shop.

Versamax.

Pat

I run a versamax and most of the guys I compete with either run the Vmax, m2, or the Beretta.

I had the opportunity to RO a stage last weekend and saw all kinds of shotguns used. The only ones that didn't have some sort of hiccup on the 10 plates/poppers were the ones I listed above. The Stoeger may be a good gun. i know the others are.

Reliability of the gun is way more important to me than a couple hundred bucks.